× Members

Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26673 by denni
Hi new here.At the moment I am waiting for an Appeal date .Can i claim ESA again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #26677 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
If you claim ESA and are turned down, you can continue to claim it at the assessment rate until your appeal is heard.

If your appeal is turned down, you will have to wait until six months after the date of your original claim before you can make a fresh claim unless your circumstances change. Waiting times for appeals are now such that it is entirely possible to make continuous claims.

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26683 by denni
Thankyou for your reply. How do i go about claiming again for ESA?

More
13 years 6 months ago #26686 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re: Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
denni wrote:

Thankyou for your reply. How do i go about claiming again for ESA?

There is no requirement to reclaim ESA. Simply write to the local JCP/BD office which deals with your ESA claim, and inform them that you wish to be paid at the assessment rate until your appeal is heard.

Ask the relevant office to pay you all the ESA arrears since you last received payment, as the allowance should have been automatically reinstated as soon as you gave notice of your intention to appeal.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26720 by denni
Wow thankyou again.Should they have told me about claiming ESA at the assessment rate ?And am i guarrenteed to get it.

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26721 by denni
Replied by denni on topic Assessment Rate,how much
Hi first what a fantastic site it is . I will be claiming ESA at the Assessment Rate, how much will it be. Thankyou in advance .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.