× Members

Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date

More
13 years 7 months ago #27058 by speedy101
Replied by speedy101 on topic Re:Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
On fit/sick notes.

You do not have to provide a new one.

The old one still covers you for as long as it's valid.

Mine still had 2 months to run when I failed the WCA and appealed. That is what both my welfare rights worker said and the when I called the DWP they agreed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #27173 by denni
Went to see my GP today, he said i didn;t need a sick note. Med 3 form etc as i am , and have not been working. But he is going to write another medical report for me regarding the problem i have.So i will get a copy and post it with my letter in writing saying i want to claim ESA at the assessment rate. Wish me luck .

More
13 years 7 months ago #27177 by Gordon
Denni

I am in exactly the same position as you, I failed the WCA, and I am in the process of appealing, and like you I am not employed.

The documentation I received clearly stated that I need to continue to provide a Doctor's certificate(s) or the equivalent until I am told otherwise, failure to do so will result in my benefits being stopped.

As I said in a previous post, you are now assumed to be fit for work unless declared otherwise.

You really should confirm with your local DWP office that a certificate is not required rather than assuming that your doctor is right.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #27197 by denni
Thanks Steve. I'm a bit confused now ! Steve if you dont mind me asking are you claiming ESA at the assessment rate?Will phone my local DWP office and try and get some information.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #27198 by Derek4
Hi Denni

You're not the only one! I'm a little confused also.

Thanks Stephen for pointing out that you were not required to provide a new sick note. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has been asked by the DWP for a new sick note on appeal, despite already providing a sick note yet to expire.

It may be the case that JCP staff have different ideas.

Thanks

Derek
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Derek4. Reason: spelling

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #27200 by denni
So is this right, can i claim ESA at the assessment rate even though am not working & have not been for a few years ! I dont want to phone up my local DWP office just yet as i dont want to sound stupid & need to get all my info correct. Thankyou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.