× Members

Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26722 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Assessment Rate,how much
denni wrote:

Hi first what a fantastic site it is . I will be claiming ESA at the Assessment Rate, how much will it be. Thankyou in advance .

It is currently (2010/2011) £65.45 per week assuming you are over 25 years old or £51.85 per week if under 25.

Pete
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by pete17971.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26724 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re: Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
denni wrote:

Wow thankyou again.Should they have told me about claiming ESA at the assessment rate ?And am i guarrenteed to get it.

If your appeal is against the failure to pass the Work Capability Assessment, because you scored less than the required points, you can continue to claim the basic allowance of ESA while awaiting the outcome of the appeal. To continue to receive ESA you should have submitted a GL24 [appeal form] with a new sick note and informed the ESA office dealing with your claim you wish to keep getting ESA.

If for example you are appealing an Income Related ESA decision which has declined to pay you on grounds of too much capital or partners income too high (for example - there are other grounds as well) then Assessment Rate is not payable whilst awaiting an Appeal Tribunal.

Pete
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by pete17971.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #26735 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re: Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
Thanks for including the reminder for the OP to obtain a sick note from the GP, and the possible exceptions for continuing to claim ESA whilst appealing the adverse decision. It completely escaped my memory on this occasion.

Yet further unnecessary complications associated with ESA!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Posts merged for continuity purposes.

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago #26741 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re: Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
Hi CD,

No Problem.

It was the fact the OP had not stated on what grounds he was appealing and then asked if the payment was guaranteed that made me post the reminder about when the Assessment Rate is not payable pending appeal.

Regards

Pete

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26760 by denni
I have completed a GL24 ( Appeal form ) and have posted it back to them. So am i to late to send a sick note? Bit confused here sorry but how can i get a sick note from my GP when i dont work. Would it be better to post a letter to my local job centre or to phone them regarding claming ESA at the assessment rate. Thankyou

More
13 years 6 months ago #26788 by Gordon
They are now called a "Statement of Fitness t Work" and you will need one. You are now presumed fit to work unless otherwise stated.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.