× Members

Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date

More
13 years 6 months ago #27290 by Gordon
Denni

In the ESA members section is an ESA Appeals document, which explains the appeals process and what you need to do.

Page 7 and 8 include example text that you can use to complete the GL24 Appeals form that the DWP should be sending you.

Regards

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27352 by Deb Long
Replied by Deb Long on topic Re:Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date
Hello Stephen,
I know what you mean about 'being forgotten'. I, too have CFS/ME...what a dire condition it is. I try to keep in touch fairly regularly with my GP practice...who have been fairly supportive....for when I will no doubt have to 'justify' myself to the ATOS bod...again soon.
Keep your chin up. ;)

• de1
13 years 6 months ago #27369 by de1
had my medical last week, no decision yet obviously, got another sick note today for another 3 months. they better not say i need a new one for when i have to appeal (i too have cfs/me so it's very likely)

i am feeling sick to my stomach the more this goes on and the more i read about the dwp, been putting off phoning them again for a backdated payment im still waiting for. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #28939 by denni
Update. After many phone calls i have now been told ESA at the assesment rate is NOT paid automatically, It's all changed now.I have now got a Form to fill in for ESA again.. Basically starting a new claim all over again. Oh well here we go again. And had info to tell me my Appeal is not likely to be heard before 1/3/2011.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.