× Members

Claiming ESA While waiting for Appeal Date

More
13 years 7 months ago #26804 by Derek4
denni wrote:

I have completed a GL24 ( Appeal form ) and have posted it back to them. So am i to late to send a sick note? Bit confused here sorry but how can i get a sick note from my GP when i dont work. Would it be better to post a letter to my local job centre or to phone them regarding claming ESA at the assessment rate. Thankyou

Hi denni

You don't have to work to get a Statement of Fitness to Work, also known as fit note, sick note, MED 3, or medical certificate. Your GP can issue you one and backdate it if necessary.

Good luck with your appeal

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #26820 by denni
Thanks Derek. So is it better to phone my local job centre to tell them i want to claim ESA at the assessment rate or to write to them .

More
13 years 7 months ago #26844 by Derek4
Hi Denni

It is always best to write and keep a copy of the letter as, you will notice from other members comments, that phone calls can sometimes go unrecorded.

Crazydiamond wrote:

There is no requirement to reclaim ESA. Simply write to the local JCP/BD office which deals with your ESA claim, and inform them that you wish to be paid at the assessment rate until your appeal is heard.

Ask the relevant office to pay you all the ESA arrears since you last received payment, as the allowance should have been automatically reinstated as soon as you gave notice of your intention to appeal.

Best wishes

Derek

• tilly
13 years 7 months ago #26847 by tilly
The assessment rate I got was £64.30 and they did not automatically keep paying me this on my appeal being received by them ... it took me some months to get them to open my case post my appeal and pay me this back dated.

I now know that when you appeal, it is best to put on your appeal forms/letters that you want to continue claiming at the assessment rate while your appeal is being dealt with!

They also used losing my sick notes as an excuse to not pay me... even though they had recorded on their system that they had them... they insisted I must get more originals from my doctor.

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #26864 by denni
I have already posted my GL24 form,which was about 2 weeks ago.( just waiting for my appeal date). Is it still ok to claim ESA at the assessment rate?are am i to late ?

More
13 years 7 months ago #26865 by Derek4
Hi Denni

You've already asked that question. Please scroll down this thread to look at the replies.

Best wishes

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.