× Members

IB to ESA

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #65161 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB to ESA
MUK wrote:

I have today received a reply form my MP saying my IB payments will continue untill a decision on my ESA has been made - result

However I note from the DWPs reply the following "The return date was not extended as requested ... because this is not within current legislative guidelines."

Does this mean they cannot extened the return date for any reasons?
If so there have been other posts on here about extentions for returning their ESA50 for whatever reason.

Hi MUK,

Have you tried the search engine at the top of the page?.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #65188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IB to ESA
MUK wrote:

I have today received a reply form my MP saying my IB payments will continue untill a decision on my ESA has been made - result

However I note from the DWPs reply the following "The return date was not extended as requested ... because this is not within current legislative guidelines."

Does this mean they cannot extened the return date for any reasons?
If so there have been other posts on here about extentions for returning their ESA50 for whatever reason.

They are splitting hairs :angry:

The legislation does not allow for extensions, but says nothing about the DWP accepting a late return at their discretion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #65240 by MUK
Replied by MUK on topic Re:IB to ESA
Well it looks like they accepted it late as it was received on 5th Aug as per letter from MP. I've not heard any more from the DWP...

Last time I spoke to the ESA team they said wait for a letter from them....

Whats likely to happen next? and long should it take them?

More
12 years 8 months ago #65328 by MUK
ok brown envelope no (sorry lost count)

this time my P45 as my IB has ennded...

The letter from the DWP to my MP which he forwarded to me states my IB will continue untill my ESA has been sorted .... but if they sent me a P45 then they cant continue paying me either IB or ESA?

I rang them up all they can tell me is my IB has ended and they awaiting a decision on my ESA .... they tell me I just got to wait for a decision latter.

My next paymemt is due next week

ESA contribution based is taxable like IB or not? if so why send me a P45 if they have not closed my claims?

or does one office not know what the other office is doing?

More
12 years 8 months ago #65351 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IB to ESA
MUK

The more I see of the DWP computer systems, the more I despair. Everything seems to take weeks to process and once something has been initiated, it seems almost impossible to stop it.

ESA(CB) is taxable, but I would liken the switch from IB to ESA to switching jobs, so the P45 for your IB is just the end of one phase of your claim, to be taken over by ESA.

Finally, I agree, most of the time, one office does not know know what another is doing :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #65356 by MUK
so does that mean I will still get some money next week?

will it be paid as ESA?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.