× Members

After one year?

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66436 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:After one year?
Call me a pessimist but I don't think anythings going to change their minds now. The DWP are sending out those letters next month warning claimants of the changes, so obviously they think It's a done deal.

The government just want people off benefits one way or another and they don't care who gets hurt in the process. Whatever works so long as the numbers are down.

Edited by Brizboi
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by . Reason: innapropriate reference

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66439 by ash
Replied by ash on topic Re:After one year?
Just Me wrote:

Call me a pessimist but I don't think anythings going to change their minds now. The DWP are sending out those letters next month warning claimants of the changes, so obviously they think It's a done deal.

The government just want people off benefits one way or another and they don't care who gets hurt in the process. Whatever works so long as the numbers are down.

Edited by Brizboi

You may well be right but doesn't mean that people should just give up. That is what they are hoping for. Yes, the Govt are going ahead as if it is a done deal but it still has to go through the House of Lords, there are disabled people, Bishops (I am not religious but believe that there could be some compassion there) and Lords who previously fought for and supported the Social Security system in their previous roles as MP's. It is a bit defeatist and playing into the hands of those who see disabled people as 'victims' to just roll over and accept this.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66452 by ash
Lord German (leader of the Libs in the House of Lords) and Lord Freud (Tory leader in H of L) would be a good start.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66455 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:After one year?
ash wrote:

Lord German (leader of the Libs in the House of Lords) and Lord Freud (Tory leader in H of L) would be a good start.

Is that the same Lord Freud who pushed through the changes to the WCA that the Lords were opposing earlier in the year?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #66456 by ash
Yes but he is in a position to make changes. I am not saying it will work but he may have a different view on the impact of time limiting of ESA. I am not saying that many of them will listen or care but some will. The WRB is massive and although many politicians and Lords may agree with the general principles it is crucial that people highlight issues such as time limiting and give personal circumstances such as loosing your home. We can only try. It is too late once the bill has gone through.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66462 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:After one year?
It doesn't matter how many people will lose their home. Lord Freud will still have his home!

I think he is of the opinion that people faced with losing their home can avoid the situation by looking for work!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.