× Members

After one year?

More
12 years 7 months ago #66471 by ash
Replied by ash on topic Re:After one year?
bro58 wrote:

ash wrote:

I agree the whole agenda is about work and that working is the best option for all. My husband is blind and will loose ESA after one year. The only people I know who will get into the support group are patients I work with at a hospital for neuro- disability who are in PVS (minimal consciousness) or have severe complex disability and are tube fed with no verbal communication). The change in language from social security (support) to welfare (dependency) that is in the media and the change from DSS to DWP says it all.
It is all very worrying but we have to fight or disabled people will loose everything. Now it is ESA next PIP!!

Hi Ash,

I think all on this site would encourage members to fight, if they are capable of doing so, on that point we agree whole heartedly.

However, as to your comment of only the patients you know being potential entrants into the support group, if you search through the various threads on B&W, you will see that many members have entered the support group, with different and varying conditions, and resulting limitations.

cheers

bro58

Hi Bro58
I know you are right (I am talking from my own experience). However i am sure you will agree that there are many people with a disability that has a great impact on their daily living and basically means that they are very unlikely to obtain work who will loose their benefit if they have a working partner. Iam self employed and my income is sporadic, we have a child my husband is blind. What sort of society are we living in that does not provide for people who are born with a disability and through no fault of their own are unable to find work??
All the best
Ash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66472 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:After one year?
Derek4 wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

Lone parents whose youngest child is aged 5 or above, will be eligible for jobseekers allowance rather than income support from January 2012.

Is it the lone parent or the 5 year old child that's eligible for jobseekers allowance?

You are naughty Derek, LOL !!

However I was thinking exactly the same myself!! LOL

Never say never in the times we exist in.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #66474 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:After one year?
Knowing this disgraceful government and their appalling treatment of benefit claimants, it would be of no surprise if it were children over five who would be eligible for JSA.

After all, is does seem that the Condems are hell-bent on returning the sick, the poor and the disabled back to the Dark Ages! :angry: :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Crazydiamond.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #66475 by bro58
ash wrote:

bro58 wrote:

ash wrote:

I agree the whole agenda is about work and that working is the best option for all. My husband is blind and will loose ESA after one year. The only people I know who will get into the support group are patients I work with at a hospital for neuro- disability who are in PVS (minimal consciousness) or have severe complex disability and are tube fed with no verbal communication). The change in language from social security (support) to welfare (dependency) that is in the media and the change from DSS to DWP says it all.
It is all very worrying but we have to fight or disabled people will loose everything. Now it is ESA next PIP!!

Hi Ash,

I think all on this site would encourage members to fight, if they are capable of doing so, on that point we agree whole heartedly.

However, as to your comment of only the patients you know being potential entrants into the support group, if you search through the various threads on B&W, you will see that many members have entered the support group, with different and varying conditions, and resulting limitations.

cheers

bro58

Hi Bro58
I know you are right (I am talking from my own experience). However i am sure you will agree that there are many people with a disability that has a great impact on their daily living and basically means that they are very unlikely to obtain work who will loose their benefit if they have a working partner. Iam self employed and my income is sporadic, we have a child my husband is blind. What sort of society are we living in that does not provide for people who are born with a disability and through no fault of their own are unable to find work??
All the best
Ash

Hi Ash,

I surely do agree with you on that!.

I feel for you, and the many thousands of other people who will suffer.

Yes I totally agree, the way our government is currently treating sick and disabled people, is an absolute disgrace, and not a very good advert for our society as a whole.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by bro58. Reason: word correction

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66476 by bro58
Crazydiamond wrote:

Knowing this disgraceful government and their appalling treatment of benefit claimants, it would be of no surprise if it were children over five who would be eligible for JSA.

After all, is does seem that the Condems are hell-bent on returning the sick, the poor and the disabled back to the Dark Ages! :angry: :angry:

Yep CD,

Come on children, now go up those chimneys, and down those mines nice and quietly!!.

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #66506 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:After one year?
Derek4 wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

Lone parents whose youngest child is aged 5 or above, will be eligible for jobseekers allowance rather than income support from January 2012.

Is it the lone parent or the 5 year old child that's eligible for jobseekers allowance?

:laugh: Bwahahahaha! (sorry lol)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.