× Members

After one year?

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66463 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:After one year?
Derek4 wrote:

It doesn't matter how many people will lose their home. Lord Freud will still have his home!

I think he is of the opinion that people faced with losing their home can avoid the situation by looking for work!

Come on every one all together now !!!

3 cheers for Lord Freud, Hip Hip !!!!

What !! no one wants to join in !!

Why??? !!!

LOL

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 7 months ago #66464 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:After one year?
bro58 wrote:

Derek4 wrote:

It doesn't matter how many people will lose their home. Lord Freud will still have his home!

I think he is of the opinion that people faced with losing their home can avoid the situation by looking for work!

Why??? !!!

LOL

cheers

bro58

He will still have his 4 homes ;) and dont forget it was was hired by Tony Blair to draw up a review of the welfare system, in 2007 proposed opening up the system to the private sector as well as requiring lone parents to seek work earlier.

thats gone from kids aged 16 down to 7 I think

More
12 years 7 months ago #66467 by ash
Replied by ash on topic Re:After one year?
I agree the whole agenda is about work and that working is the best option for all. My husband is blind and will loose ESA after one year. The only people I know who will get into the support group are patients I work with at a hospital for neuro- disability who are in PVS (minimal consciousness) or have severe complex disability and are tube fed with no verbal communication). The change in language from social security (support) to welfare (dependency) that is in the media and the change from DSS to DWP says it all.
It is all very worrying but we have to fight or disabled people will loose everything. Now it is ESA next PIP!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #66468 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:After one year?
originaldave wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Derek4 wrote:

Why??? !!!

LOL

cheers

bro58

He will still have his 4 homes ;) and dont forget it was was hired by Tony Blair to draw up a review of the welfare system, in 2007 proposed opening up the system to the private sector as well as requiring lone parents to seek work earlier.

thats gone from kids aged 16 down to 7 I think

Lone parents whose youngest child is aged 5 or above, will be eligible for jobseekers allowance rather than income support from January 2012.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #66469 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:After one year?
ash wrote:

I agree the whole agenda is about work and that working is the best option for all. My husband is blind and will loose ESA after one year. The only people I know who will get into the support group are patients I work with at a hospital for neuro- disability who are in PVS (minimal consciousness) or have severe complex disability and are tube fed with no verbal communication). The change in language from social security (support) to welfare (dependency) that is in the media and the change from DSS to DWP says it all.
It is all very worrying but we have to fight or disabled people will loose everything. Now it is ESA next PIP!!

Hi Ash,

I think all on this site would encourage members to fight, if they are capable of doing so, on that point we agree whole heartedly.

However, as to your comment of only the patients you know being potential entrants into the support group, if you search through the various threads on B&W, you will see that many members have entered the support group, with different and varying conditions, and resulting limitations.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #66470 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:After one year?
Crazydiamond wrote:

Lone parents whose youngest child is aged 5 or above, will be eligible for jobseekers allowance rather than income support from January 2012.

Is it the lone parent or the 5 year old child that's eligible for jobseekers allowance?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.