× Members

Just received another ESA 50

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109531 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic Just received another ESA 50
Thanks for the quick reply Gordon.

If i applied for PIP and was refused it and there was a chance of that then affecting my SG award i think i would be better just to leave it as do not want to go through anymore stress!

Decisions!!!

Not sure what to do now :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #109534 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just received another ESA 50

BigTam wrote: Thanks for the quick reply Gordon.

If i applied for PIP and was refused it and there was a chance of that then affecting my SG award i think i would be better just to leave it as do not want to go through anymore stress!

Decisions!!!

Not sure what to do now :unsure:

Have a look at the PIP claim guide, that way you will have a better idea of whether a claim for PIP will actually be successful, if you think you have a strong claim then that may help you make a decision.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109541 by ibroxbear1873
I have been studying it and think i do have a good claim but if the PIP process/assessment is anything like the ESA one then your disability/illness can be irrelevant when up against the likes of Atos as we all know. :(

Until i find out for sure that my ESA award would be safe should there be any sort of conflict in the different processes/decisions on the same medical evidence (ESA and PIP) i think i will just leave it.

Thanks again for your quick response.

More
10 years 9 months ago #109545 by Gordon

BigTam wrote: I have been studying it and think i do have a good claim but if the PIP process/assessment is anything like the ESA one then your disability/illness can be irrelevant when up against the likes of Atos as we all know. :(

Until i find out for sure that my ESA award would be safe should there be any sort of conflict in the different processes/decisions on the same medical evidence (ESA and PIP) i think i will just leave it.

Thanks again for your quick response.

The decision is of course yours but there are no certainties in these matters and the situation may not become any more clear with time, I do understand your caution but you may be talking yourself out of a benefit that that you are actually entitled to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109661 by ibroxbear1873
Called the general inquiry PIP line today and was told that ESA and PIP do not share medical evidence in any shape or form so if there was to be a refusal for PIP it will not effect an ESA decision that has already been made :)

But was told it would be Atos who would do the medical if there was one :( (which i thought was strange as i understood they had sub contracted it out in Scotland?) however they also said that a lot of decisions were being made on the completed claims form with no medical. (seems odd but that is what they said)

More
10 years 9 months ago #109662 by Gordon

BigTam wrote: Called the general inquiry PIP line today and was told that ESA and PIP do not share medical evidence in any shape or form so if there was to be a refusal for PIP it will not effect an ESA decision that has already been made :)

But was told it would be Atos who would do the medical if there was one :( (which i thought was strange as i understood they had sub contracted it out in Scotland?) however they also said that a lot of decisions were being made on the completed claims form with no medical. (seems odd but that is what they said)

As I understand it ATOS are the contractor for Scotland but as you say some or all of the assessments will be sub-contracted to NHS Lanarkshire staff.

Everybody's claim will be assessed, but not everybody will be required to have a face to face assessment, it may be possible for them to recommend a Decision based on the claimants completed form, their medical evidence and any evidence provided by those treating the claimant.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.