× Members

IB TO ESA

• bro58
10 years 10 months ago #108022 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB TO ESA

Bax wrote: Cheers Bro.

Sorry B,

I have just noticed that you referred to The RNIB website in one of your earlier posts.

That will teach me to read previous posts thoroughly. :laugh:

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #108026 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic IB TO ESA
Hi Bro,

No probs m8,

I have been all over the place trying to get thing`s together.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109001 by Bax
Hi

Looking to send the esa form away sometime this week, my wife`s problems are mainly physical.
...................................................................................

Mental health only
Following changes to the law in January 2013, you can only score points for the mental
health activities if the difficulties you have with them are caused by a mental health condition
or learning difficulty, or are a direct result of treatment by a registered medical practitioner for
such a condition.
....................................................................................

Does this mean I should just tick she can do all of them ?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 9 months ago #109005 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB TO ESA

Bax wrote: Hi

Looking to send the esa form away sometime this week, my wife`s problems are mainly physical.
...................................................................................

Mental health only
Following changes to the law in January 2013, you can only score points for the mental
health activities if the difficulties you have with them are caused by a mental health condition
or learning difficulty, or are a direct result of treatment by a registered medical practitioner for
such a condition.
....................................................................................

Does this mean I should just tick she can do all of them ?

Although there was a change to the Regulations in January, as you have quoted, it is still not clear how the DWP are assessing claimants with symptoms that are both physical and mental. Our advice is to answer any questions on the ESA50 that the claimant thinks are relevant to their limitations.

The worst that the DWP can do is not score you, whereas if the information is not included in the first place, then you will definitely not get any points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109008 by Bax
Cheers Gordon,

I had filled in some of the section then found the above and wondered if id wasted my time.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109078 by Bax
Hi

Received the warning letter today.

I am having difficulty understanding some of the questions on the form.

For instance, approaching the going up two steps and being able to move 50m - 100m -200m question. My wife`s problems are mainly visual but she has had Palindromic Arthritis for 10 yrs as well so how best to approach this?
Or are these particular questions meant solely for chronic mobillity sufferers, along with the sitting standing questions?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.