× Members

IB TO ESA

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107504 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB TO ESA

Bax wrote: Hi Bro

Had a reply from my wife`s eye consultant, who is based at Ninewells hospital (Dundee).
They were unable to do the vision tests for her anytime in the immediate future though he was prepared to dictate a letter to a hospital nearer to us to the same effect.
We stressed the importance of a quick appointment as the forms could be arriving soon but will need to sit tight & see how long it takes for them to set one up.
Our local surgery have consented to allow us access to my wife`s medical records tomorrow with any photo-copies required priced at 35p per item, which is quite reasonable.
On researching the links you put up for us it was noted one of the exemptions on the 24 hour working rule was for anyone receiving the middle or higher rate of DLA care component.
Thankfully my wife is on the middle rate so at least that gives a foundation to work from.

Hi B,

Do not miss the deadline to return the ESA50 if you don't have the report, or any other evidence.

You can make comment in The ESA50 that you are awaiting extra evidence, and forward it on to ATOS once you have it.

With respect to the exemption regarding partner's 24 hour working rule, it is more that "You" as the partner would be :

"regularly and substantially caring for someone who is in receipt of Attendance Allowance or the highest or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance."

And/Or "You" were :

"in receipt of Carers Allowance"

Rather than your wife being paid MR Care, as someone else could be providing her care and/or in receipt of CA.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107505 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic IB TO ESA
Hi

I almost forgot, my wife`s eyesight condition has been ongoing since childhood, with re-occurring problems at different time periods. She is now 50 yrs old with her most recent surgery being a large retinal tear/detachment in March of this year. How far back would you suggest we go back into her records as far as photo-copies are concerned etc?
Should we also take especial care to note any doctors comments relating to her conditions?

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107508 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB TO ESA

Bax wrote: Hi

I almost forgot, my wife`s eyesight condition has been ongoing since childhood, with re-occurring problems at different time periods. She is now 50 yrs old with her most recent surgery being a large retinal tear/detachment in March of this year. How far back would you suggest we go back into her records as far as photo-copies are concerned etc?
Should we also take especial care to note any doctors comments relating to her conditions?

Hi B,

You could provide historical evidence to show that it has been a long standing medical condition, it would also help to indicate whether it is progressive and deteriorating.

You could also provide extracts including Doctor's comments.

The more current the evidence is, the better, as they will be looking at how her limitations affect her now, and whether these limitations qualify her for The WRAG or The SG under the qualifying descriptors.

bro58

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107520 by Bax
Hi Bro

Thanks for that, we are pondering asking for a complete copy of her medical records, although that may prove to be costly it`s probably best to have everything at hand.
Is it normal practice that a persons current medications are part of their medical records or will we have to send a copy of my wife`s repeat prescriptions for info instead?
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 9 months ago #107521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB TO ESA

Bax wrote: Hi Bro

Thanks for that, we are pondering asking for a complete copy of her medical records, although that may prove to be costly it`s probably best to have everything at hand.
Is it normal practice that a persons current medications are part of their medical records or will we have to send a copy of my wife`s repeat prescriptions for info instead?

Charging for medical records

Repeat prescriptions should be part of the computer record, but that does mean it will be in a usable format, ATOS and the DWP like a copy of the latest prescription repeat.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago #107529 by Bax
Thanks Gordon,

Will keep the forum updated as to how we go.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.