× Members

Esa medical

• Dublinboy
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #110153 by Dublinboy
Replied by Dublinboy on topic esa medical
Thankyou Gordon.Does that mean that I will be reassesed after the 6 months? and will I have to go through the same process of filling in forms etc thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #110155 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa medical

Dublinboy wrote: Thankyou Gordon.Does that mean that I will be reassesed after the 6 months? and will I have to go through the same process of filling in forms etc thanks

If your re-assessment date is set for six months then you should expect to receive a new ESA50 in about four months. you will need to treat it as a new claim and complete it in detail and provide medical evidence, where available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dublinboy

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #110156 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa medical

Dublinboy wrote: Thankyou Gordon.Does that mean that I will be reassesed after the 6 months? and will I have to go through the same process of filling in forms etc thanks

Hi Db,

If it was a 6 months prognosis, then you would expect to receive a new ESA50, and undergo another reassessment around 8 weeks before the end of that period.

So the answer to your question is "Yes".

As Gordon says, 6 months is a very short prognosis for The SG, one would only expect a short prognosis such as this in The SG, if one had been involved in an accident and was receiving treatment where a recovery was expected, or one was having or awaiting operative procedures, etc, etc.

So it is well worth checking that this 6 months is correct. If it is, then as Gordon says, you can't legally challenge it.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris