× Members

ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years

More
10 years 15 hours ago #120814 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Chrissy

As it has been two years you can make a new claim for ESA immediately should your Tribunal not go in your favour. You ESA payments for your current claim will stop as soon as the DWP receive the Decision Notice, it usually takes about two weeks for payments to start on a new claim.

I think you are saying that your GP will write a supporting letter if asked by the DWP or the Tribunal Service, neither organisation will contact her in regard to your appeal, so if she is going to support you she needs to write one now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 15 hours ago - 10 years 15 hours ago #120816 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years

chrissy v wrote: Hi all Mods,

Been to see my GP this morning about the supporting letter from MHT they are advising that I see a Liasion Phyc my GP has forwarded on the request I asked her what should I do if I loose my tribunal, she said that I am unfit for work and to go back and start the procedure over again by sending in fit/sick notes, what I need to know is what happens immediately after the Tribunal as regards the benefit that you get is there a break in payments or is there no benefit at all if I fill in another ESA50, I am trying to cover all bases, GP says the support letter should help and when I asked her do you do supporting letters she said that they would only have to ring her is that the case ?

Chrissy V

Hi CV,

As I advised : Here, you would have to make a totally fresh claim and obtain a fresh fit note from your G.P. (The first two fit notes can be for no longer than 3 months each, the 3rd and subsequent ones can be for six months or longer)

It will be as if you are claiming ESA for the first time, see :

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance

If you are entitled to IR ESA, which it seems that you are, you will be placed into The Assessment Phase, and payment of assessment rate should ensue as soon as The DWP have processed your claim.

So if you were unsuccessful at your appeal, you should make the fresh claim and obtain the fit note ASAP.

Any ESA owed as a result of your fresh claim will be backdated to the date of your fresh claim.

Have a read through :

"Understanding Employment and Support Allowance
Our 42 page introductory guide to ESA."

Second link down on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

It explains the process fully for fresh ESA Claims.

Supposedly, you should receive a fresh ESA50 and have a fresh WCA sometime within the 13 weeks assessment phase.

In reality, it can take a lot longer than this.

If you are successfully placed into The WRAG or SG on assessment, the extra WRA or SG Component should be payable from the start of week 14 of your claim, if the decision is made after that time.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 15 hours ago by bro58.

More
10 years 15 hours ago #120818 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Thank you very much Gordon, my GP made her support for me much more easier than it really is, well Tribunal is Monday afternoon so it will be here soon enough, I may have to get the begging bowl out again I am assuming there will be a lapse in payment which is a big worry as I am on the least amount you can get.

Chrissy V

More
10 years 15 hours ago - 10 years 15 hours ago #120820 by chrissy v
Thank you Bro 58, I will keep you posted as to what happens Monday afternoon, fingerers and everything crossed.

Chrissy V
Last edit: 10 years 15 hours ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 14 hours ago #120822 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years

chrissy v wrote: Thank you Bro 58, I will keep you posted as to what happens Monday afternoon, fingerers and everything crossed.

Chrissy V

Best of luck CV !!!! :)

bro58

More
10 years 14 hours ago #120823 by chrissy v
Thanks a million Bro 58 and to all the other Mods.

Chrissy V
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.