× Members

ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120992 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Hi all, had the tribunal this afternoon (well sort of) I was there almost 2 hours the judge noticed that I was 7 pages short in my bundle of papers so straight away he said he may have to adjourn because it was important that I had read all DWP papers for a fair hearing and they went over everything that I said and what I had appealed against as one was a SG descripter that I needed to get a legal welfare rights officer because I had lost my DLA even though it is awaiting a MR and is a different benefit there is a cross over between the two, both him and the lady doctor said that they both agreed that I had problems and there wouldn't have been a problem considering that I got a WRAG decision, but to be totally fair it would be best to adjourn and they would send me the whole bundle of appeal papers and give me time to get legal help, so I am still none the wiser apart from them both saying I fall within a grey area.

Chrissy V
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120995 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Chrissy

Sorry to hear that it was another of frustration.

I don't think we can offer any insight as to where your hearing is going, you need to get sight of the missing papers, I would expect you to receive them in the next couple of days, a new hearing make however take a couple of months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #120998 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Oh Chrissie! You must be soooo frustrated with the way this is dragging on - but at least there is still hope.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121003 by chrissy v
Thanks Gordon, yes that's what they said, but I think I will have problems trying to find a legal welfare rights officer to take my case on at this stage even if I can find one.
I live in a Leicestershire Village does anyone know of any legal eagles in this area, no disrespect but the CAB I go to are not very savvy, I would be very grateful for any help or suggestions.
I have to admit the judge and doctor were very nice and fair and spent a lot of time hearing me out having more time than the 30 minutes allocated because of a no show by someone I did break down slightly in the end I tried hard not to but I couldn't hold back the tears any longer, it has been a very long day, but anyone that knows of anyone in Leicester that can help me please reply

Many Thanks

Chrissy V
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121005 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Chrissy

I was hoping the Judge was referring to your DLA claim and not the ESA, I would be very surprised if you could find anybody at this late stage willing to take on your case, but it is still worth trying, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

More
9 years 11 months ago #121014 by chrissy v
Oh I am MHB it has and still is an absolute nightmare but I'm still going to fight for as long as I can I have got this far so can't give in now, thank you so much for your support.

Chrissy V

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.