× Members

ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years

More
9 years 11 months ago #121015 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
He is referring to both I think but definitely about the DLA I don't think they realise how difficult it is to get the help , but I am so grateful for all the support I have on this site you all have been brilliant and I know I wouldn't have come this far without your support I think I would have just caved in by now might you make me want to carry on fighting and that's what I will do for as long as I can.

Chrissy V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121067 by chrissy v
Hi All,

I have had a long day trying to sort out some legal help which has proved difficult due to the fact that there is no longer legal funding, first I went to CAB and after a while they decided to try and get me a welfare officer to look at my whole case both ESA and DLA but the person who could be of more help is booked up till June so they are going to ring me when he is available to see me (brave man ) also I contacted WR UTS because someone gave me a number they said if the MR goes against me to contact them and they would try to help but they also told me that I have got to do a lot of the ground work myself because of the funding issue, anyway I contacted a solicitors office in Dudley quite a way from me (Quality Solicitors) and was told a solicitor would do a one off 1 hour appointment and also included with the £99 fee they would give me a letter this is in regards to my DLA appeal, my head is spinning with it all also my pain levels has risen so much also stress levels too, also have another number to ring tomorrow so I'm not giving up without a fight, any more help would be great if anyone knows anybody in the Leics area that would be of any help, many thanks.

Chrissy V

More
9 years 11 months ago #121071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal Date Its Only Taken Two years
Chrissy

Please be careful using a solicitor, most have no understanding of the law surrounding benefits and you could end up spending a lot of money for no real assistance, there are certainly solicitors who do have experience in this area, but they should be able to provide you with suitable references in regard this before they start feeling the need to discuss charging for their advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #121072 by chrissy v
Thank you Gordon I think he does deal with DLA but as you know I'm on a very limited income and I cannot afford the fee anyway, thanks for the warning.

Chrissy V

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.