× Members

Do you have a recent PIP award letter?

More
8 years 11 months ago #133767 by derek
Replied by derek on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Hi Steve, yes i had a date on my arward leter one before the end date of 3 arward.

All the best
Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #133772 by squirrelang
Replied by squirrelang on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Hi Steve - my first visit to the forum.

My wife received (1st) PIP award this month. Living and Mobility, both at standard rate. The award is until 2019, and yes, the date for the decision review is 12 months before the term ends. You could be right that this may be a standard practice.

We'd asked Age UK to help us and they filled in the form and forwarded it to DWP for us. From application to award was almost exactly three months. As I have my own age-related problems, I also applied for PIP, two weeks after my wife's application, but without pestering Age UK this time. It will be interesting to see if my claim progresses as quickly as did my wife's.

Best wishes

dave

More
8 years 11 months ago #133811 by lester
Replied by lester on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
I was transferred over from DLA and giving a 3 year award. Enhanced on both.I will be reviewed after 2years and asked to reapply for PIP 14 weeks before the end of my current award. It was ATOS that dealt with my claim.

More
8 years 10 months ago #134056 by teddybear581
Replied by teddybear581 on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
I don't know wether to start a new thread but as I have previously posted on this one I will just add on here.
I had my first PIP application approved after a face to face assessment (Atos) and was awarded enhanced daily living until march 2016. My award letter did state I would be contacted in April 2015 to make sure I was receiving the correct benefit.
I did receive this letter a few weeks ago and duly filled in the form. I was concerned that as I was being assessed a full year before my benefit ended, what would happen if I failed this application...would I lose my benefit that I was previously awarded till 2016?
Today I got the dreaded brown envelope and opened it ,fully expecting it too be for a date for a f2f. But it was a decision!!! I have been kept on the same enhanced daily living rate without a face to face.!
It states that I am being give a longer period,3 year as my needs are likely to continue, until March 2018, but again I will be reviewed again before april 2017. So really they are just adding on the two years to my first award and claiming they have given my longer...if you know what I mean!
So good luck to everyone who is going through the same early reassessment,and thank you to the site for the information supplied.
Can I just ask a question? I am agoraphobic and suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and made sure they knew that CANNOT and NEVER go out without someone with me ,cannot travel on public transport etc. But they have decided that I can "plan and follow the route of a journey unaided .They say I have no "Functional restrictions" Do these mobility questions only apply if you have a physical disability?
thanks again xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6, Teddington

More
8 years 10 months ago #134116 by cats6
Replied by cats6 on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
I did receive this letter a few weeks ago and duly filled in the form. I was concerned that as I was being assessed a full year before my benefit ended, what would happen if I failed this application...would I lose my benefit that I was previously awarded till 2016?

What were you sent, a PIP2 Form ?

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #134141 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?

cats6 wrote: I did receive this letter a few weeks ago and duly filled in the form. I was concerned that as I was being assessed a full year before my benefit ended, what would happen if I failed this application...would I lose my benefit that I was previously awarded till 2016?

What were you sent, a PIP2 Form ?

Hi c6,

tb581 is most welcome to answer your query, but this topic is not for members to post queries, it is to answer Steve's questions regarding PIP Award Letters.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.