× Members

Do you have a recent PIP award letter?

More
8 years 3 months ago #148992 by jennieprowse
Replied by jennieprowse on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Hi Steve I have just had my PIP award letter it says I will not be contact for review before 10th Jan 2018. Hope this helps
Cheers
Jennie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151360 by GayleValentine
Replied by GayleValentine on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Hi,

Yes I was awarded 3 years BUT has to be reviewed a year before it runs out.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151582 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?

Bud wrote: Mine was CAPITA, Steve. I got my award until March 2018 saying that they'll contact me after March 2017 to make sure I'm getting the right level of PIP. It depends what the 'after' means, it could be after 2017, & 14 weeks before the award ends. I can't really see the point in them giving an award for 3 years & looking into it again after 2 years, they may as well have given the 2 years - unless it's to give them all something to do. Also it says that I'll be sent a letter 14 weeks before the award ends.

Just thought I'd mention that after getting the above, I had a letter today saying that I'll be getting my award until March 2018. So almost 1 year on I got the 3 years after all. Save anyone worrying about getting the old brown in the post.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152579 by Capten
Replied by Capten on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Yes, our award letter said we'd be contacted in January 2019 though the claim is supposed to run through to Jan. 2020.

'That the birds of worry & care fly above your head, this you cannot change; that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.' -Dihareb Tseiniaidd

More
8 years 1 month ago #152632 by Robinson_jon
Replied by Robinson_jon on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Hi Steve

On my PIP award letter from January 2015 (which was backdated from June 2013 following an appeal thanks to B&W), it stated 14 weeks before the award ends. The lady who processed my payment said that if my needs hadn't changed, I should just say so and the award will continue. I HIGHLY doubt it will be that easy! I am therefore due my renewal pack next week.

Someone I am advocating on behalf of won their Tribunal in September 2015. Their DWP award letter was dated 15th September 2015. It states 14 weeks also. The area we are from is Birmingham. Hope that helps.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153013 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic Do you have a recent PIP award letter?
Good luck Jonny ...my son is epileptic among other things and been on DLA high rate etc and also in Support Group ESA for some years ...but last year they didn't send him renewal, just letter to say it had run out and he would no longer get the benefit...his wife phoned and said where were the renewal forms, and they actually said the had forgotten to send them so he would now have to apply for PIP as a new claimant!!! Had assessment, not entitled ! MR asked ..agreed with assessor ...so now facing a tribunal middle of April ...so been months with very little money but more importantly having a huge effect on his epilepsy and anxiousness...so many things were 'assumed' by the young physio who assessed him ...he has been ill the past few months waiting for all this ...so to those who are waiting for Re-newal forms, keep an eye on when they run out and if you don't get them then phone them up ...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.