× Members

ESA/PIP additional information

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138682 by tedthered64
ESA/PIP additional information was created by tedthered64
Hi all,
I supplied a new claim for both ESA and PIP on 13th July.
I have received my first payment of ESA .

Today I received a letter from ATOS saying my claim as been referred to them.

It says in some cases they are able to provide a full assessment to DWP based on the evidence available, is this just a bog standard letter that forms part of the application process?

It also says that they are continuing to prioritise cases older than 16 weeks and apologies for the expected delays.

On both forms I specified that I was awaiting results of Scans, further tests and consultations reports.

I now have some of these documents and I am of the opinion that they would only enhance my chances of getting a correct decision, what do I do with this additional information?

Do I submit it to both departments or do I wait?

I would also like to say a big thank you for the guidance that you provide on this site, irrespective of whatever the decision may be, the help as been extremely helpful.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138689 by
Replied by on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi all,
I supplied a new claim for both ESA and PIP on 13th July.
I have received my first payment of ESA .

Today I received a letter from ATOS saying my claim as been referred to them.

It says in some cases they are able to provide a full assessment to DWP based on the evidence available, is this just a bog standard letter that forms part of the application process?

It also says that they are continuing to prioritise cases older than 16 weeks and apologies for the expected delays.

On both forms I specified that I was awaiting results of Scans, further tests and consultations reports.

I now have some of these documents and I am of the opinion that they would only enhance my chances of getting a correct decision, what do I do with this additional information?

Do I submit it to both departments or do I wait?

I would also like to say a big thank you for the guidance that you provide on this site, irrespective of whatever the decision may be, the help as been extremely helpful.

Hi t64,

Firstly and importantly, do not tie together ESA and PIP, they are two totally different "Benefits" with totally different qualifying criteria.

If this letter is from ATOS it will be pertaining to your PIP Claim only, and not your ESA as it is : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15. that will carry out your ESA "medical" assessment. (WCA)

Assuming that you have already sent in your PIP 2 "How your Disability Affects You" Form you should post copies of any fresh evidence that you have directly to ATOS.

If it turns out that you do have to take part in a face to face PIP assessment you can also take copies of any fresh evidence with you and hand them to the PIP Assessor before the assessment starts.

I am not quite sure from your post where you are up to in the ESA process as in This Post you state that you have received The ESA50 Questionnaire.

If you have filled in and returned The ESA50 to Maximus, again you should post copies of any fresh evidence to the same Maximus address, and take copies to a face to face if you have one.

If you have not returned The ESA50, or indeed The PIP 2 Form yet, you should include copy of any medical evidence with the Form/s.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #138691 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic ESA/PIP additional information
Hi bro58,
Thanks for the reply.

You are quite correct I have sent in pip2 and I will follow your guidance on sending the additional information to ATOS, thank you.

Secondly, I have sent in my ESA50 questionnaire and have recieved a payment, although up to today, I have recieved no correspondence from DWP or Maximus since the form was sent in, again thank you for your help with this.

8 years 9 months ago #138693 by
Replied by on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi bro58,
Thanks for the reply.

You are quite correct I have sent in pip2 and I will follow your guidance on sending the additional information to ATOS, thank you.

Secondly, I have sent in my ESA50 questionnaire and have recieved a payment, although up to today, I have recieved no correspondence from DWP or Maximus since the form was sent in, again thank you for your help with this.

Hi t64,

Are you sure that it was an : ESA 50 Questionnaire that you filled in and not an : ESA 1 Form. ?

The ESA 1 Form is used to make your initial claim for ESA.

You generally receive The ESA50 around a fortnight or so after your initial ESA claim has been accepted after submitting The ESA 1 Form.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #138703 by tedthered64
Hi bro58,
I completed the ESA 1 form over the phone and completed ESA50 capability for work questionnaire the following week and sent in all evidence and additional information in with it.
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 9 months ago #138804 by tedthered64
Hi,
Just reviewed the dates that I sent PIP2 form in, sent completed form in on 20/7/17 not the 13th as previously stated and recieved confirmation from ATOS on the 27/715 that they have recieved my completed questionnaire from DWP.

Quite a quick turnaround?
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris