× Members

ESA/PIP additional information

More
8 years 7 months ago #141388 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic ESA/PIP additional information
Hi all,
GP provided me with a supporting letter yesterday, in it she says I am unable to walk more than a few metres and if distance is any more than this I am to use an attendant push wheelchair, not a self propelled one due to unstable angina and the risks associated with it, stating in case of emergency cardiologist advises to call 999!

She also says I require physical assistance at all times to move from a seated position, I,e, wheelchair, toilet and a normal chair.

Surely this will be of assistance to me?

I am truly hoping so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141394 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi all,
GP provided me with a supporting letter yesterday, in it she says I am unable to walk more than a few metres and if distance is any more than this I am to use an attendant push wheelchair, not a self propelled one due to unstable angina and the risks associated with it, stating in case of emergency cardiologist advises to call 999!

She also says I require physical assistance at all times to move from a seated position, I,e, wheelchair, toilet and a normal chair.

Surely this will be of assistance to me?

I am truly hoping so.

Your GP has provided you with an up to date letter that directly addresses two of the ESA Descriptors, so yes, this should be of assistance.

As you are now at appeal, I'm afraid it is unlikely that the DWP will look at this information much before any appeal hearing, but it is still possible that they will revise their Decision in your favour.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

More
8 years 7 months ago #141403 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic ESA/PIP additional information
Hi Gordon,
Will they not consider this at the mandatory reconsideration stage?

More
8 years 7 months ago #141413 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi Gordon,
Will they not consider this at the mandatory reconsideration stage?

Of course they will.

Sorry got my users confused :blush:

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.