× Members

ESA/PIP additional information

More
8 years 9 months ago #138816 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote: Hi,
Just reviewed the dates that I sent PIP2 form in, sent completed form in on 20/7/17 not the 13th as previously stated and recieved confirmation from ATOS on the 27/715 that they have recieved my completed questionnaire from DWP.

Quite a quick turnaround?

20/7/15 sorry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138822 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA/PIP additional information

tedthered64 wrote:

Just reviewed the dates that I sent PIP2 form in, sent completed form in on 20/7/17 not the 13th as previously stated and recieved confirmation from ATOS on the 27/715 that they have recieved my completed questionnaire from DWP.

Quite a quick turnaround?

20/7/15 sorry

Hi t64,

Yes, the process does seem to have speeded up somewhat !

We have recently heard from members who have received an appointment for a face to face assessment with ATOS within a week or so of them receiving The PIP 2 from The DWP.

Of course there will be regional variations dependent on the workload in any particular region.

You should also take into account that it is not a definite that you will have to take part in a face to face if ATOS feel that they have enough paper evidence to make a paper based assessment.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #138839 by tedthered64
Once again bro58 thank you for the quick response, I was worried that ATOS seemed to have recieved it so soon after posting!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #139243 by tedthered64
Hi,
My ESA application is ongoing, Is it worthwhile me telephoning DWP to inform that my doctor has referred me to wheelchair services and that fact that I am now using a wheelchair?

I was hoping that this may edge them towards making a paper based decision although it is probably wishful thinking on my part :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #139249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP additional information

My ESA application is ongoing, Is it worthwhile me telephoning DWP to inform that my doctor has referred me to wheelchair services and that fact that I am now using a wheelchair?

I was hoping that this may edge them towards making a paper based decision although it is probably wishful thinking on my part :)

You would need to inform Maximus not the DWP in the first instance as your file is with them for assessment.

ESA considers you ability to use a wheelchair, so using one will not be of assistance to your meeting the Mobility criteria unless you can show that you cannot self-propel it, see the ESA Claim guides for a full explanation,

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #139251 by tedthered64
Thanks Girdon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris