× Members

WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146407 by welshgrl
WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD! was created by welshgrl
Hello,

We received a letter today to move over from DLA to Pip. We stupidly phoned straight away for a form and now realised we could have waited until 7th January and then rang, thus giving extra time for Dr's reports etc...

If by the time we have to send the forms back we have not had our reports could we decide not send our forms back at all - I know this would result in the DLA being cancelled and no PIP payments. However, are there time restrictions on when you can ring the PIP call line to request another form be sent out and starting a new claim for pip?

What I mean is, could we just initiate another claim having just missed the deadline on one?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146408 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!
Hi wg,

There are no restrictions on reclaiming PIP, you could initiate a new claim at any stage if you want/need to.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: welshgrl

More
8 years 5 months ago #146409 by welshgrl
Replied by welshgrl on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!
Thanks very much. It just seems unlikely we would have enough time to get the reports with the Christmas break . I know we can apply for an extension but if that fails I'd rather send my partner's forms with complete medicals reports later than send then on time minus evidence.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146854 by welshgrl
I think the pip application form we are waiting for has been lost in the Christmas post. They said we would receive it 2 weeks ago. We are going to phone them and ask for a new form to be sent out, will they reset the time limit on returning it?

Getting really worried and stressed here :(

Thanks

Kaz

More
8 years 4 months ago #146863 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!

welshgrl wrote: I think the pip application form we are waiting for has been lost in the Christmas post. They said we would receive it 2 weeks ago. We are going to phone them and ask for a new form to be sent out, will they reset the time limit on returning it?

Getting really worried and stressed here :(

Thanks

Kaz

They may do, if not ask for an extension.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: welshgrl

More
8 years 4 months ago #147048 by welshgrl
Thanks, Gordon.

We rang up and they said they will send a new form out and extend the time by another 28days - which is just as well as the original form still has not arrived!!

We've written to them by registered post asking for confirmation in writing.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris