× Members

WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #147805 by welshgrl
Replied by welshgrl on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!
My Gp has gone on leave for a couple of months back to India but before he went away he wrote a letter supporting my partner's pip.

I read on the guide to applying for pip that they also write to the Gp with a factual report form for him to fill in.

He is not here now, will the medical letter from him suffice or will they also want the factual report filled in? He also enclosed other medical records with his letter for us.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #147819 by
Replied by on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!

welshgrl wrote: My Gp has gone on leave for a couple of months back to India but before he went away he wrote a letter supporting my partner's pip.

I read on the guide to applying for pip that they also write to the Gp with a factual report form for him to fill in.

He is not here now, will the medical letter from him suffice or will they also want the factual report filled in? He also enclosed other medical records with his letter for us.

Thanks

Hi wg,

You should include any letters of support or other supporting medical evidence with The PIP 2 Form.

Even though it is stated that DWP/ATOS/Capita may request Further Medical Evidence (FME) by contacting your G.P. or other treating HCP, they are not obliged to do so and seldom do, even when you request that they do and provide contact details for the G.P./HCP.

You should therefore ensure that you send copies all relevant evidence to them yourself.

You could ask your G.P. surgery to contact you in case they do happen to contact your G.P. for FME.

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #147827 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!
It might be worth noting that we supplied 20 odd pages of current focused medical evidence and reports for a recent Capita assessment. When we received a copy of the PA4 and looked through all the evidence the HP used, I was quite surprised to see that Capita / DWP had wrote both to my partners GP and Consultant - what was even more surprising is they had received reply's back from both of them within a few weeks.

With the level of evidence we supplied, it was an eye opener to see they [Capita] still felt the need to contact not one, but two of my partners health professionals. Furthermore, the most up to date reports from those health professionals was submitted has part of the overall evidence.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #147832 by
Replied by on topic WELSHGRL'S PIP THREAD!

Doris wrote: It might be worth noting that we supplied 20 odd pages of current focused medical evidence and reports for a recent Capita assessment. When we received a copy of the PA4 and looked through all the evidence the HP used, I was quite surprised to see that Capita / DWP had wrote both to my partners GP and Consultant - what was even more surprising is they had received reply's back from both of them within a few weeks.

With the level of evidence we supplied, it was an eye opener to see they [Capita] still felt the need to contact not one, but two of my partners health professionals. Furthermore, the most up to date reports from those health professionals was submitted has part of the overall evidence.

Hi D,

Yes, they "sometimes" request FME, even when it is blatantly obvious that it is not necessary ! :silly:

Our advice to members on not relying on the fact that they will request FME is to alert them to the fact that they "probably" won't.

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago #147872 by welshgrl
Great - Thanks, Bro :-)

I am just trying to cover all bases! We have almost finished all the additional information now and its quite a lot!

We have had answered most of the questions on additional sheets of paper and included a GP letter ( He also included several x-ray reports, and consultant letters), Psychiatrist letter, Social Work letter with care plans, risk assessments and other forms.

It's actually very thick when put all together so I am hoping its enough! - fingers crossed :-)
It's just a shame he had DLA for nearly 25 years with no review and now has to go through this.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147873 by welshgrl
Thanks, Doris we will see what happens. I think at lost count with all the reports and letters included that it was about 50 pages of evidence that we are submitting. My partner has had dal for over 25 years with no review - if he fails to transfer over to PIP I think it would be blatant cost-cutting and certainly not based on his disabilities.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.