× Members

please help

More
8 years 3 months ago #149535 by LindaLou22
please help was created by LindaLou22
I applied because of dyslexia, borderline personality disorder & Chondromalacia Patellae, I said I'm imcontinent 3 days in a week but I could sort myself out however my mum would need my mam to pick me up. I said I can do a 10 min walk but not 20. I said I get anxious even though I'm not involved with mental health services anymore. I said I've got to take painkillers & wait an hour before getting out of bed. I do get the bus to college however an hour journey but only because I know there's a stop every 10 mins with a toilet. I also said I couldn't read bus time tables but I don't think she believed me. She asked when I was diagnosed with dyslexia but I said I didn't know as I was only a child. I said I could read but only using a green overlay and I need to sit on a bed to get ready and on a chair to cook food. Do you think I will get accepted for pip & if so what rate? When she asked me maths questions and how to spell world backwards I couldn't, but I told her I use a phone computer & Facebook, I also sent a phisio letter in with my claim. Please let me know what you think I will be entitled too if anything

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149544 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic please help
Hi LindaLou

It's very difficult for anyone to predict if you will receive any award. We don't know what you put on your form, or what your GP said or many other things.

What you will probably have to do is wait for your letter telling you whether or not you have received any award, and at what level; then if you feel you have been wrongly assessed you will put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration, explaining why you feel your award is wrong, and how you think they have go it wrong. If that doesn't work you will then have to decide whether you feel it is worth going to appeal.

When you get your decision letter, contact us again and we will try and help you sort out where you need to go next. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaLou22

More
8 years 3 months ago #149581 by LindaLou22
Replied by LindaLou22 on topic please help
Does having to sit on a chair to cook count as an aid? Does needing someone to give you a lift home after Incontinance count as assistance?

More
8 years 3 months ago #149596 by LindaLou22
Does getting a lift home after a period of Incontinance count as assistance?

More
8 years 3 months ago #149607 by LindaLou22
does needing a lift home after a period of incontinance count as assistance? does it cout at all if it happens about 3 times a week?

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #149612 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic please help
Hi
I would say sitting to cook depends what you're sitting on. I have a raised seat for sitting on in the kitchen and social services provided it so it counts.
I would say getting a lift home would depend on how you justify it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.