× Members

PIP finally

More
8 years 6 months ago #142903 by Jude
PIP finally was created by Jude
Hi,
My step son is bedridden. He received a letter regarding switching from DLA to PIP and he had to contact the relevant department by a certain date or have his benefit temporarily suspended. I rang on his behalf as he is no longer able to hold a conversation, due to his breathing difficulties and they would not be able to hear or understand him on the telephone due to this.
I was told I would have to become his appointee before any PIP forms would be sent to him. They said they would be sending someone to interview me. When I asked why this was necessary, I was told not all parents are responsible and this they would decide for themselves!!!

I have received a form to fill in and explain why I rang and made the application for PIP my stepson. He does not have mental health issues just physical problems.I am very worried and wary about this interview. What can I do if anything to prepare? Please help.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142913 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP finally
This is normal proceedure so please stop worrying.

You can read about it here

www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits

More
8 years 6 months ago #142928 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic PIP finally
Thanks. Today, I received a voicemail saying they have been trying to contact my stepson for weeks! This has not happened and is the first call from them.
Thanks

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147272 by Jude
Hi Everyone,

Do I have to notify the medical assessor to inform him I want my stepsons medical recorded visually aswell as recording his questions at my home? It is because he is so ill he has lost the ability to talk and walk and can only signal yes or no with his thumb and is not able to do that for more than a couple of times
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago #147293 by
Replied by on topic PIP finally

Amber wrote: Hi Everyone,

Do I have to notify the medical assessor to inform him I want my stepsons medical recorded visually aswell as recording his questions at my home? It is because he is so ill he has lost the ability to talk and walk and can only signal yes or no with his thumb and is not able to do that for more than a couple of times
Thanks

Hi A,

Unlike ESA face to face assessments, facilities are not provided by the PIP Assessment Provider. (ATOS or Capita) to record the PIP face to face assessment.

You would need to provide your own equipment to do this and they generally insist on a dual deck CD or Tape recording machine where you can hand one of the CD's/Tapes to the Assessor after the assessment.

This would have to be pre-arranged with the PIP Assessment Provider before the face to face.

See : ATOS Recording Consultations

&

Contact Capita.

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #147886 by Jude
Hi,
I contacted my (new) MP regarding my stepsons upcoming medical (waste of time) but I was told they no longer read through the evidence sent with your PIP application or the PIP application forms, until after your medical assessment. Before, they would decide if you needed a medical assesment on your application and medical evdence but now everyone has to have a medical.Just wondering when this change took place?
I was told I did not need a medical for PIP that they were happy with all my medical reports ect and this was only a few months back.
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.