× Members

PIP finally

More
8 years 3 months ago #147888 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic PIP finally
Hi,
My stepson has his medical on Monday, at home. He is extremely ill and bedridden. He has a sloping back wheelchair as he can no longer sit upright. He is not able to mobilise this himself.He has to be lifted into the chair and then lifted out to be put in the car. The passenger seat has to be pushed right back so he is almost lying down.. Just wondering if due to this, if he will lose his mobility allowance. If they ask how often he gets taken out, a correct answer would be depending on how he feels that day but I dont think that will suffice as with DLA you had to give a certain amount of times you went out to qualify.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP finally

Amber wrote: Hi,
I contacted my (new) MP regarding my stepsons upcoming medical (waste of time) but I was told they no longer read through the evidence sent with your PIP application or the PIP application forms, until after your medical assessment. Before, they would decide if you needed a medical assesment on your application and medical evdence but now everyone has to have a medical.Just wondering when this change took place?
I was told I did not need a medical for PIP that they were happy with all my medical reports ect and this was only a few months back.
Thanks

There has been no change in the process.

Either your MP has little understanding of the benefit system or they have been seriously misinformed.

The DWP require the assessor to read the PIP2 form and any evidence attached before the assessment takes place and whilst most claimants will require a face to face assessment, a sizable number will be assessed only on their paper evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147923 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP finally
Amber

For PIP Mobility the two relevant activities are;

- whether you can plan a route and then follow it, or
- whether you can stand and then walk

Both of these activities need to be complete reliably and on the majority of days.

I can't see anything in your description of your stepson's problems which would be relevant to these tests.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jude

More
8 years 3 months ago #147946 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic PIP finally
Hi Gordon & thanks. I did think it quite odd as there was nothing posted here about any changes.
Maybe the reason they want to medical my stepson is due to him being bedridden. They want to make sure this is true. Although, i included all the evidence of the adaptions that has been done to our home.
I just hope the person coming on Monday will be a decent human being and if it all becomes too much for my stepson be understanding of this.
I tried to look at the latest PIP guidelines on medicals but an error is occuring.
Thanks

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147958 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP finally

Amber wrote: Hi Gordon & thanks. I did think it quite odd as there was nothing posted here about any changes.
Maybe the reason they want to medical my stepson is due to him being bedridden. They want to make sure this is true. Although, i included all the evidence of the adaptions that has been done to our home.
I just hope the person coming on Monday will be a decent human being and if it all becomes too much for my stepson be understanding of this.
I tried to look at the latest PIP guidelines on medicals but an error is occuring.
Thanks

Hi A,

You can read what to expect at The PIP Assessment from around Page 69 of our recently updated : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

As you will see, there are also other PIP Resources available on the same page such as samples of the PA4 PIP Medical Report that the assessor will compile and the PIP assessment guide that gives guidance to PIP Assessors on how they should carry out the assessment.

Remember, you must be logged in to access any information from the links on the page.

Quick tip, PIP Assessors have a habit of turning up early !!!

Good luck !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147962 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic PIP finally
Hi, I had an assessment by a paramedic (HCP) at a Capita centre in Walsall. I am absolutely sure that she had read my app form and med notes before hand, as she kept referring to things throughout with comments like "I saw that" or "I read that". The report that came back was fair and I was awarded enhanced mobility and care. Please try not to worry (easier said than done I know) but there are decent assessors out there in this DWP shambles/fiasco. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jude

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.