× Members

PIP finally

More
8 years 3 months ago #148019 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic PIP finally
Thanks Bro58.
Despite being told over the phone my stepsons appointment has been cancelled, I am wondering if they may still turn up on Monday? Shall get all the copies of his PIP application ready and read through the samples here.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149201 by Jude
Hi all,

Regarding my stepsons application for PIP, what a shambles! The department dont seem to know themselves whats happening!!! Its an extremely stressful situation! First of all they receive the application with all the consultants/occupational therapists/ Dietitian /Drs reports ect but clearly do not read any of them.
They send a letter stating a home medical is to take place. They ring and cancel! They later decide not to do a home visit but to decide on the evidence sent, if my stepson can claim PIP. Relief! Short lived, they sent another letter this week for my stepson to attend for a medical next week, despite being told he is extremely ill! He cant attend and they would know this if only they read his PIP application or listened when they called. So frustrating! You cant speak with the same person when you call so there is no continuity.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #149214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP finally
Amber

At this stage the best I can suggest is that you contact your son's MP for assistance.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jude

More
8 years 2 months ago #150520 by Jude
Hi all,

I posted recently regarding my stepsons claim for PIP and the problems he had encountered.
First a date was confirmed in writing for a home medical, then they telephoned to cancel! Next a letter arrived for my stepson to travel to a medical, despite stating on his forms this would not be possible.

I took the advice here and wrote a letter stating my stepsons home medical had been cancelled by them and then I contacted my MP( again) who contacted PIP. I received a call the same afternoon, saying it had all been a mistake!

At present, my stepson is waiting for a decision. This has caused him so much worry and stress,when he is extremely ill. Hopefully he will get his award.

A big thank you to Bro58 and Gorden.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150526 by Jude
Hi,

Just wondering if I have to notify PIP regarding any change in medication. The cardiologist gave me extra medication a week ago and increased my usual medication. I still have the same chest pain/ discomfort when I walk and at the same distance.

Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #150542 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP finally
Hi Amber

I don't think it's necessary to inform PIP about your change in medication.

What they are interested in is any change in your condition; if your medication makes a great deal of long term difference to you then it might be necessary to inform them. Make sure any difference is permanent before you inform anyone of anything!!

Hope you feel better with the new regime. Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.