× Members

pip

More
7 years 10 months ago #161538 by sue hudson
Replied by sue hudson on topic pip
Thank you . Can I ask when my son takes me to my medical can he take a clip board with your list of questions so we can make sure the medical goes as well as we can make it go as we are also going to record it . sue very worried ah :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161551 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip

sue wrote: Thank you . Can I ask when my son takes me to my medical can he take a clip board with your list of questions so we can make sure the medical goes as well as we can make it go as we are also going to record it . sue very worried ah :(

The clipboard should not be a problem, however, if you want to record the assessment overtly then you will need to request permission in advance and you will need to provide a dual recording facility directly to tape or CD.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162928 by sue hudson
Ok so I went for my ' assesment ' on Monday 4th July to Atos in Wigan . My letter said my appointment was 1.15pm . I was waiting with another woman when the receptionist shouted she had 2 2pm appointments waiting. I was not informed that staff were running late or appologised to by the asesor when she called for me is this fair and allowed ? There was a camera in the ceiling in front of reception . I feel I was either being filmed or watched either way is this legal ? A truly unpleasant expierance and still trying to recover 6 days later . :(

More
7 years 9 months ago #162985 by sue hudson
Hi I have tried to add information about Wigan pip assesment centre on the regional list but it will not let me add a comment as Wigan is not listed so I have put the information in the comment box below the list . Hope this helps. sue

More
7 years 9 months ago #162994 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip

sue wrote: Ok so I went for my ' assesment ' on Monday 4th July to Atos in Wigan . My letter said my appointment was 1.15pm . I was waiting with another woman when the receptionist shouted she had 2 2pm appointments waiting. I was not informed that staff were running late or appologised to by the asesor when she called for me is this fair and allowed ? There was a camera in the ceiling in front of reception . I feel I was either being filmed or watched either way is this legal ? A truly unpleasant expierance and still trying to recover 6 days later . :(

I'm afraid that cameras in public areas are perfectly legal.

It's certainly unfair that they left you waiting but is allowed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162995 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip

sue wrote: Ok so I went for my ' assesment ' on Monday 4th July to Atos in Wigan . My letter said my appointment was 1.15pm . I was waiting with another woman when the receptionist shouted she had 2 2pm appointments waiting. I was not informed that staff were running late or appologised to by the asesor when she called for me is this fair and allowed ? There was a camera in the ceiling in front of reception . I feel I was either being filmed or watched either way is this legal ? A truly unpleasant expierance and still trying to recover 6 days later . :(

Is it fair that claimants are kept waiting without apology? No! Is it allowed? I'm afraid so. It is also both legal and common to be observed and/or filmed while you are on the premises.

All you can do now is wait - decisions are currently taking around 8 weeks following the face to face assessment.

You can contact DWP if you wish to be sent a copy of the assessor's report.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.