× Members

Do the Tribunal have access to any reports??

More
7 years 10 months ago #162239 by Gordon

UmmB wrote: Sorry, I'm not sure again why my message disappeared. I just want to say thank you Mrs Hurtyback. Can you confirm that I will receive these letters back in the bundle from DWP before I send my appeal? When I ask for a letter with the heading MR Notice, is there a way to ask for all of this info?
Bit odd that they didn't send me an MR notice then because the decision maker's reply to anything I had to say was "Mm-hmm well you need to appeal". What if they say that was the notice and web are not sending any more letters out? Just because they don't like to make life easy. What do I do in that case?

All posts are moderated so may not appear immediately in the forum and only when a Moderator is online.

The MR Notice is a specific document that you should have received two copies of, the DWP know that this has to go out with the letter notifying of the MR Decision.

Are you sure that you have completed the MR process?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162240 by UmmB
Ok. The only document DWP have sent me for this assessment was the MR decision letter (not MR Notice), plus GP letter and Support worker letter (although DWP have written it was from my Social worker, just to confuse things). I think just to be on the safe side, I will send these letters again too. Plus my medication has also changed so will need to mention that somewhere too I think. Thanks for your patience and advice x

More
7 years 10 months ago #162242 by UmmB
Yes I did get 2 copies, and it states in the letter that 1 copy needs to be sent with the appeal. However I do not see the words "Mandatory Reconsideration Notice" written anywhere. The main heading at the top is "Personal Independence Payment Decision", which also looks like it has been copied from the letter sent to me when I was first awarded PIP because it states that it is regarding my "how your disability affects you form" and also says "we will contact you after December 2015".
To me, that just shows they haven't really paid attention to anything and even the letter by my support worker hasn't been mentioned at all.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162243 by Gordon

UmmB wrote: Ok. The only document DWP have sent me for this assessment was the MR decision letter (not MR Notice), plus GP letter and Support worker letter (although DWP have written it was from my Social worker, just to confuse things). I think just to be on the safe side, I will send these letters again too. Plus my medication has also changed so will need to mention that somewhere too I think. Thanks for your patience and advice x

Don't send anything yet. You need to sort out your appeal which requires the MR Notices. Once your appeal has been accepted you will receive confirmation of this and a reference number to include with all documents that you submit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #162244 by Gordon

UmmB wrote: Yes I did get 2 copies, and it states in the letter that 1 copy needs to be sent with the appeal. However I do not see the words "Mandatory Reconsideration Notice" written anywhere. The main heading at the top is "Personal Independence Payment Decision", which also looks like it has been copied from the letter sent to me when I was first awarded PIP because it states that it is regarding my "how your disability affects you form" and also says "we will contact you after December 2015".
To me, that just shows they haven't really paid attention to anything and even the letter by my support worker hasn't been mentioned at all.

OK these sound as if they are intended to be the MR Notices, all you can do is submit one with your Appeal request form and see whether the Tribunal Service accept it, if they don't then they will contact you back and you will have to chase the DWP.

Gordon

More
7 years 10 months ago #162245 by UmmB
Ok I will do this. So is the SSCS1 form what I need to send to appeal?
Meanwhile I shouldn't send any other letters or evidence other than the SSCS1 form? I send them once I have this reference number do I?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.