× Members

Upset and gobsmacked

More
6 years 7 months ago #194777 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Upset and gobsmacked
When a DWP officer attends your tribunal I take it they get to speak after you, if they do what would they be likely to say? And can you respond during it, after it or not at all. Thank you. Appeal next week so want to go in eyes wide open.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #194787 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Upset and gobsmacked
Judy

The first thing to understand is that the Presenting Officer has no more standing at the Tribunal than you do, this is not like a criminal or civil court case, there is no prosecution or defence, all that the panel are interested in is whether the claimant meets the criteria for an award of not.

The PO usually is there to explain the DWPs view of the case and to make sure that the panel are aware of any relevant law, they may be asked whether they want to ask you any questions, you should be given an opportunity to ask then questions if you have any.

Protocol should mean that you are allowed to speak last.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

More
6 years 7 months ago #195293 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Upset and gobsmacked
Won my Tribunal today! Got all my benefits back. Thank you to Gordon for all his patience over my questions and Mrs Hurtyback too. Couldn't have done it without the templates here.

I didn't even have to get off my mobility scooter, the Judge wanted to save me the bother as they had come to their decision thanks to my notes. DWP didn't bother turning up.

I was then directed back to the waiting room while they got my decision typed up, I was then ushered back into the court room and given my decision notes. And that was it! My decision is for five years unless the DWP review it earlier the Judge said.

So relieved. It was painless and so easy. For me anyway, just want to reassure anyone out there that is going to go through this.

The Judge was absolutely lovely and kind and said I'd got all my benefits back and then winked at me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #195296 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Upset and gobsmacked
That's great news Judy! Thanks for letting us know :)

TAGS @RESULTS @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198172 by Jayd
Replied by Jayd on topic Upset and gobsmacked
Hi Judy. Glad you got the correct decision in the end. I wondered, if you can bear to think back to the Appeal, if you would indicate some of the questions asked especially relating to your mobility issues. I am awaiting an appeal date so it would help me to know but I am sure it would also help others. Many thanks.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198182 by Chazy
Replied by Chazy on topic Upset and gobsmacked
Ohhh Judy so thrilled for you. You have had a rough ride of it but sticking with it has paid off. Just shows we get what we deserve in the end, the government should hang their head in shame the way disabled and ill people are treated, sure they wish we would all just toddle off over the nearest cliff. Now relax and have a break from it all.
Chazy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.