× Members

Mail handling Wolverhampton

More
5 years 4 months ago #221402 by Chris
Hi,

I received today a copy of my PIP assessment report, but awaiting the decision from the DWP. The report misses many important information about my conditions and important facts about my state during the medical assessment. The report indicates 0 points for both daily living and mobility.

On my previous assessment, I was awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility, so it is a shock and I'm frightened. It's hard to believe that the assessor has so poorly assessed the impact of my medical conditions on my physical and mental health daily despite a very detailed and thorough descriptions in my report following the advice given in the excellent guides here on this forum.

Is there anything I can do now at this stage, or do I need to wait for the decision letter before contemplating Mandatory Reconsideration - if needed? I'm starting to look at the guides available online as I feel so powerless. I know that the situation has happened to others, but somehow you think it won't happen to you :(.

Many thanks

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #221436 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Christophe

There may be a small window for you to write to the DM with your concerns about the report, try and keep it brief and concentrate on the issues that have prevented you scoring, try and refer back to your evidence wherever you can. The letter needs to be sent to the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 4 months ago #221452 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Gordon,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I hear from you that there may be small window to send the DM a brief note about the significant oversights in the report. I'm not sure if I need my letter to go through each activity individually and rebute (which is what I believe would be done as part of a MR) but that may not be 'brief'! Are you able to clarify what you meant please?

Christophe

More
5 years 4 months ago #221461 by Gordon
Christophe

Most people, I do it myself, waffle when writing these things, so at the least do a second draft, I'm not suggesting you leave content out but the DM has a limited attention span so get immediately to the point.

So as an example;

I believe I have shown that I need prompting to prepare and cook a meal, I refer you to document (7) in my evidence pack in which my GP states that this is consistent with my conditions. The assessors view that there is no evidence of a need for prompting is contradicted by their own statements on page X of their report and documents (4), (7) and (8) in my evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosemary Clayson, layla

More
5 years 4 months ago #221486 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Gordon,

I get it, thank you, the example is really helpful.

I'm currently writing my letter to the DM, and have just one more question. With regards to referencing to the evidence pack, can the information in the 'How your disability affects you' form be refered to if there is no recent evidence for some of the activities?

As an example,

I believe I have shown that I need prompting to prepare and cook a meal, I refer you to my detailed description on page X in my form 'How your disability affects you'.

Christophe

More
5 years 4 months ago #221493 by Gordon
Christophe

Yes, you can refer to your claim form but it will require you to work harder, so again as an example;

Can I refer you my answer for question (3). The assessment provider has failed to take account of my need for prompting due to my depression and is not addressed by the Xg of Z that I take, nor have they considered the muscle spasms that are a result of my Fibromyalgia which place me in danger when using knives, being near naked flames or hot water, as I recorded on the form there have been multiple occurrences of my injuring myself in the kitchen.

So you are looking for the gaps in what you have said to what the assessor has.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.