× Members

Mail handling Wolverhampton

More
4 years 9 months ago #232147 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP claim
Chris

I'm afraid there is no requirement for the assessor to read your form and evidence before the interview, in fact, one of the Assessment Provider's (I can't remember which), recommends that they don't read the information until afterwards.

You don't say how long ago your previous assessment was but I am guessing that it was some time so I don't think there is any value in you making a complaint now.

Re this new appointment, I would contact the Assessment Centre a couple of days before and explain your problems and ask them to brief the assessor.

I cannot recommend your walking out of the assessment, it will almost certainly be treated as a failure to participate and you risk your file being returned to the DWP and you claim being closed, whilst this is an appealable Decision, it could take months for it to be resolved with no guarantee that the DWP will find in your favour and even if they do then you will almost certainly have to attend another interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233202 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Mail handling Wolverhampton
Gordon,

I have a general question: do we have some idea how long it takes for the DWP to scan PIP related documentation onto their system from the moment it is received (signed for) at the Wolverhampton Centre?

Some documents were sent to them in special delivery and confirmed signed for on the 5th of June, but didn't show on their system when I contacted them yesterday, 28th of June. Thank you.

More
4 years 8 months ago #233204 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mail handling Wolverhampton
Hi Chris

It's impossible for us to know the inner workings of the Wolverhampton Centre, but I would keep checking to see that they have been put on the system - because that is quite a long time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
4 years 8 months ago #233782 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Mail handling Wolverhampton
Hi,

I wrote a post but it disappeared when modifiying it, without cliking send...

So I apologise if I repeat myself here.

The information below may be of interest to some.

Based on information I gleaned on the web, Freedom of Information requests and other forums, it appears that almost all the PIP related mail that arrives in Wolverhampton is scanned and made available to decision makers on the same day they arrive (98% target)

ESA mail appears to be handled manually and distributed by courrier service to offices throughout the UK, so it can take several days from when it is received to when it becomes visible on the system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie66

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.