× Members

Mail handling Wolverhampton

More
4 years 11 months ago #229219 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR - Small victory

Chris wrote: My question is: if I appeal, will the DWP continue to pay the MR award until the hearing decision?

Many thanks,

Chris

Yes, if they have revised the original Decision then it is payable during any appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229223 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Gordon,

Just a practical question about managing this thread. As it's getting fairly long, with 12 pages, should I stop it and start a new one as I'm now entering the last phase of the process (the appeal to tribunal),or is it not a problem and I just carry on until completion of this PIP process to the appeal. Thank you.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229225 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Chris

Twelve pages isn't long some have 60+ pages, so it's not a problem to keep posting to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #229871 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Gordon,

I am preparing my appeal for tribunal, filling in form SSCS1.
In one of the members guides there are suggestions on how to write a submission (to be included with the form). The example submissions start with a few details about the claimant, including the Tribunal Ref No.

1) I feel confused as a tribunal Ref no won't be issued until I have lodged my appeal, but the guide suggests to include the tribunal ref no in the submission that goes into the appeal request form?

2) My query No 2 concerns the 50 ways of challenging the HP report guide. I understand we'd only use some of those, the most relevant. Where I'm not clear, is where the 'ways of challenging the HP report' go? Is it within each descriptor section in the submission?

3) How about the fact that none of my past medical records and therapy has been recorded by the HP for the period 2010-2018, which show how long and how severe my conditions have been present in my life. That information is relevant to several different descriptors, so do I have to mention this for every descriptor?

Please, could you help clarify some of those areas, thank you.

Chris

More
4 years 10 months ago #229896 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment Report before Decision
Chris

Normally a submission is written once the claimant has received the DWP's some three to four weeks after the request for an appeal is made

You can either provide detailed reasons for your appeal in and with the SSCS1 or you can provide basic reasons for the appeal in the SSCS1 and a submission later on, in either case, you would include comments on the assessment report with each Descriptor.

Gordon

More
4 years 10 months ago #229917 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Appeal
Gordon,

Thank you, that makes sense.

How does one choose whether to submit a detailed submission in the SSCS1, or a basic one followed by a written submission after the DWP responded?

On the one hand, it seems advantageous to wait for the DWP's response.

On the other hand, I hear of more and more people on a range of forums who are offered a deal and not to go to court early on. I wonder if they have submitted a detailed ground for appeals in the SSCS1 and shown the DWP that they are fully prepared? I don't know how it works exactly, I'm only speculating...

Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.