× Members

Mail handling Wolverhampton

More
5 years 1 month ago #225154 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP MR
Gordon,

In the assessment report, there is mention of 'he has no regular input for his conditions'. Do you know what 'input' means in that context? I thought it meant things such as therapy and treatments, regular GP appointments to monitor the condition etc. which I'm all having and have included in the claim form and communicated during the assessment.

My other question, the DWP letter from the DM seems to have simply copied and pasted the information from the report found under the activity 'boxes'. Other than highlighting what information the DM bases his decision on, has this letter any other use in putting together my reconsideration submission? (all the information is already included in the assessment report, with the exception of the actual points).
Thank you
Christophe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #225180 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR
Chris

No, that's what it means, on-going treatment.

DMs usually try and include something original on their letter but if they have copied directly from the assessment report then don't worry about it, just refer to the report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
5 years 1 month ago #225242 by Chris
Gordon,

I am completing my MR submission, and before sending it I wondered if you might be able to look at 1 of my 6 activities - preparing food - to check that I am reasonably on mark following the pointers in your previous posts. I have used a similar format for all 6 activities. Thank you.

Activity 1. Preparing food
I have not been awarded any points for preparing food.
I believe I should have been awarded 2 points for this activity because I need to use an aid (perching stool) to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal.

The assessor says in one place that I can prepare food if seated but then does not score me for needing a perching stool. The assessor says in one place that I could not complete the MSO due to exhaustion (which is correct), but then justifies the descriptor choice by stating that I completed the MSO in full. The assessor states I did not appear tired but then contradicts themselves by stating I could not complete the assessment due to exhaustion.

The GP’s letter clearly states that I require a perching stool for preparing food due to CFS.

The assessor did not take into account the information in my claim pack where I explain that I cannot stand to prepare a meal because of strong pain in my legs, feeling faint and exhaustion, and have to use a perching stool every day for every meal.

The assessor states I am not prescribed medication but I explained that I am prescribed several drugs but cannot currently take most of them due to severe adverse effects. I am taking Anxiolytic, DMPS and re-starting Respiridone.

The assessor states I have no regular input but has not made a record of the current inputs I receive, that I explained during the assessment and included in the claim pack i.e. Psychotherapy every 2 weeks, SRT twice per month, GP twice a month, Dr Andy Cutler chelation treatment weekly, CFS retraining programme daily.

The end.

More
5 years 1 month ago #225245 by Gordon
Chris

I think its very good.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #225450 by Chris
Gordon,

I have a query about the use of aid for an activity.

Due to my condition, I cannot communicate reliably, either talk or understand, due to severe anxiety. I have to use an aid most of the time which reduces the psychological distress and improves my ability to express myself verbally but it is not possible to understand what others say reliably. Essentially, this aid improves the severity of the anxiety response, but the aid impedes my ability to understand complex communication.

At the assessment I used the aid throughout. At no point was I assessed without it (should I have put myself through psychological distress to prove what happens without the aid?). With the aid, I can only understand basic sentences and had to guess throughout the assessment what questions were asked (which was easy as the hp followed the order of the form). I actually think that my guess work counted heavily against me, I can see now :(
Do you have any advice on how it is best to present this with aid/without aid scenarios in my MR please?

For instance, I could write that the assessor says I did not appear anxious or distressed but has not stated that I was not anxious or distressed because I used an aid.
The aid improves my mental state, so I can talk but understanding remains a struggle and understanding verbal communication is unreliable.

Thank you
Chris

More
5 years 1 month ago #225497 by Gordon
Chris

Is this a recognised disability aid and was it prescribed or given by a healthcare professional?

All I can suggest is that you go back to basics and explain how limited you are without this aid and what it allows to you do when you use it.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.