× Members

Mail handling Wolverhampton

More
5 years 1 month ago #225975 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR
Chris

Don't leave it to the DM, you have to show that you either meet (c) or (d).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226068 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP MR
Gordon,

I have a query about activity Moving around.
1) Is the term 'undertaking' interchangeable with 'following' a journey? Descriptor d) uses follow but e) undertake.

2) I'm not sure how does the type of transport affects the activity. For example, I cannot use public transport, In a car I do not experience the emotional distress that I experience if out of the vehicle, where I will be exposed to trigger sounds that I won't be if in a vehicle. So do I have to say I cannot follow a route using public transport or being out of my vehicle, but if in my car I'm better at following a route?

Chris

More
5 years 1 month ago #226086 by Gordon
Chris

1. Not in any way they are separate and mutually exclusive of each other.

2. The DWP guidance refers to the use of Public Transport but the legally defined Descriptors make no such reference so we have seen Decision Makers deny points even though the claimant was unable to use Public Transport, so definitely mention it but don't expect too much from it. Your being able to use car actually defeats your argument so I would not mention it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
5 years 1 month ago #226101 by WigglyWooWoo
Replied by WigglyWooWoo on topic PIP MR
On Point 2 above would not being able to drive from 10pm to mid-morning the next day due to the effects of medication be a valid argument for scoring on this question? I can drive my car and have put this in my claim form but cannot and do not drive due to grogginess during this period (not in the claim form).

I cannot use public transport and I normally only drive from 6pm to 9pm in the evening for Childs clubs. My medication making me groggy is in the claim form but not in relation to driving specifically. I have had the Capita assessment report back and scored zero for this question but I am still waiting for the official decision.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226111 by Gordon
WigglyWooWoo

The DWP guidance tells assessors to only assess claimants on their ability to follow a route during daylight hours, so your not driving overnight will not be considered.

What you are no explaining is are your problems with following a route, irrelevant of whether you can use Public Transport or not.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: WigglyWooWoo

More
5 years 1 month ago #226130 by WigglyWooWoo
Replied by WigglyWooWoo on topic PIP MR
I thought the morning part would count as I am unable to drive anywhere until about 11 am and as I am unable to use public transport I am unable to go anywhere as I would be unable to follow the route properly. I'm not sure when nighttime ends but it definitely leaches into daytime.

I have explained in the claim form that my medication affects my ability to concentrate and my actions are very sluggish for a 12 hour period which starts 3 hours after I take the tablet. Also when I go out and walk or attempt to use public transport I have panic attacks and need to be able to escape but on a bus or in a taxi I feel trapped and do not feel safe. I am currently being treated for paranoia.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.