× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 7 months ago #237580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Stressed wrote:
Oh ok

So if I win they would put me back on esa but then reduce all the payments so I wouldn't be any better off?

It's a possibility but you would have a new right of appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #237811 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
I recived another letter from pip today saying they have received everything they need to make a decision.

Because they already told me tho over three weeks ago I gave them a call to see what's going on.

The person I spoke to said that a decision was made the day after the date on the letter and that the decision maker has awarded me standard rate for both Dailey living and mobility and that I should recived the decision letter tomorrow.

So at least we have some good news.

Over the weekend I did a lot of reading about pip and carers allowance and it seems that as both of these are stand alone benefits, then don't come with housing benefit or council tax support :(

More
4 years 6 months ago #237813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 6 months ago #237814 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

Congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon

I couldn't have done it without your help and the resources on this forum.

I feel like this is only half the battle as I'm still going to need to claim UC so that I get housing benefit and that comes with more assessments and appeals :(

More
4 years 6 months ago #237818 by Stressed
Are there any benefits that pip opens the doors to as an alternative to having to claim UC?

Also I forgot to mention that I contacted ESA today to find out what's going on with my appeal to the upper tribunal.

I was told that a judge was meant to have looked at it by the 12th of this month but he stil hasn't looked at it.

She said she would send a reminder to the judge and also send it down to their back office to try and speed it up.

More
4 years 6 months ago #237819 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Hi Stressed

PIP award can open up other benefits look in 'Members Only Guides' www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip I've been awarded PIP, what else can I claim?

You may need to seek advice from your local welfare rights unit for individual advice. As we do not know your personal circumstances we can not give you advice, this forum is to provide help, information and point you in the right direction. The guides in the forum are very informative and well written.

In regards to housing benefit, unless you already receive housing benefit then most new claimants will not be able to claim housing benefit unless you are exempt from claiming UC, such as you live in supported accomodation or receive a SDP. You now have to apply for a housing element via UC.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.