× Members

Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

More
4 years 7 months ago #237821 by Stressed
Replied by Stressed on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(

Gary wrote: Hi Stressed

PIP award can open up other benefits look in 'Members Only Guides' www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip I've been awarded PIP, what else can I claim?

You may need to seek advice from your local welfare rights unit for individual advice. As we do not know your personal circumstances we can not give you advice, this forum is to provide help, information and point you in the right direction. The guides in the forum are very informative and well written.

In regards to housing benefit, unless you already receive housing benefit then most new claimants will not be able to claim housing benefit unless you are exempt from claiming UC, such as you live in supported accomodation or receive a SDP. You now have to apply for a housing element via UC.

Gary

Thanks for the reply

I am currently receiving housing benefit on a nil income claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #238120 by Stressed
Another update..

I have now received my decision letter stating that I have been awarded standard rate for both dailey living and mobility .

Strangely i have also recived a letter from housing benefit saying that they have been informed that i am now on PIP and so i will continue to receive housing benefit at the same rate.
I didn't think housing benefit came with pip?

I don't know where this would leave me with say prescriptions or dental treatments?

More
4 years 7 months ago #238131 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Stressed

Congratulations on the award.

PIP (and DLA) can result in some Premiums being included in your HB calculation. This does not mean that you would receive more HB just that the threshhold for dedcutions will be increased.

Neither PIP nor DLA enables free prescriptions or dental care, you need to be receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 7 months ago #238136 by Stressed

Gordon wrote: Stressed

Congratulations on the award.

PIP (and DLA) can result in some Premiums being included in your HB calculation. This does not mean that you would receive more HB just that the threshhold for dedcutions will be increased.

Neither PIP nor DLA enables free prescriptions or dental care, you need to be receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR).

Gordon

Thanks

That's what I thought.

And the only way I can be on esa is if win my appeal and that's very doubtful :(

More
4 years 7 months ago #238138 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Health Assessment (my journey) :-(
Hi Stressed

Never say never, I attended two tribunal appeals last week which was not looking very hopeful as we had no medical evidence, we won them both which came as a great relief, so don't give up.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

More
4 years 7 months ago #238139 by Stressed

Gary wrote: Hi Stressed

Never say never, I attended two tribunal appeals last week which was not looking very hopeful as we had no medical evidence, we won them both which came as a great relief, so don't give up.

Gary

Thanks for the vote of confidence but this is at the upper tribunal so I'm not very hopeful.

As I'm unable to start a new claim for esa, I guess my only option is UC.

I just don't think I could face another assessment :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.