× Members

PIP form

More
4 years 4 months ago #240997 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic PIP form
Thabks Gordon.

Sorry, do I ring DWP? What number would that be please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #240998 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form

Bud wrote: Thabks Gordon.

Sorry, do I ring DWP? What number would that be please?

The DWP, the number is on the letter that came with the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
4 years 4 months ago #241198 by Bud
Just an update really on the wait for the assessment report. I've rang thrice now & still it's not with DWP yet. The person said that there's a bit of a backlog with the scanning of documents, & to give it another week. So that would make it 2 weeks after the assessment rather than 2 days, just in case anyone's waiting. It's taken between 12-30 minutes to get through on the phone to DWP, it's a freephone number. They said they'd text when it arrives with them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 4 months ago #241813 by Bud
OK so after 5 calls in all to DWP I get a text from them to say that they have received the report from Capita. I called on Monday to request this & it's arrived today. He's gone from 13 points enhanced care to 6 points, so he's lost the care. For mobility he's gone from 8 to 10 points, so he keeps the standard mobility. So what's the next step as everything's still the same, except mobility is worse. Can I contact DWP & ask for a reconsideration before the MR?

More
4 years 4 months ago #241823 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form
Bud

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that he can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to his scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help him get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that he is being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #241825 by Bud
How small is the window?

Do I ask for a reconsideration, not an MR?

Thanks Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.