× Members

WCA and bereavement

More
4 years 5 months ago #238845 by Eleanor
WCA and bereavement was created by Eleanor
I sent my E50 back a few weeks ago along with Consultant medical evidence and all past medical evidence. In the past I have not needed to have a medical. I have received a letter saying I have to go for a Work Capability Assessment. I am anxious about this. Partly because I hardly ever go out due to pain and mobility issues and partly because my Mother died on Saturday and I am having a range of emotions. It is a really tough time.

Is there any way of asking for it to be postponed due to bereavement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238849 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic WCA and bereavement
Hi Eleanor

I am sorry for your loss. You can cancel one appointment and request a new date, but you will need to ring them and tell them what has happened. How long they will postpone, I am afraid I cannot say. I don't know whether your GP would be able to provide you with a letter which says in the circumstances you need a paper-based assessment. If they will - that would help.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleanor

More
4 years 5 months ago #238850 by Eleanor
Replied by Eleanor on topic WCA and bereavement
Thank you. What is a paper based assessment please? I thought that was the E50 form that I submitted.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238852 by BIS
Hi Eleanor

You have clearly had a paper-based assessment in the past because a decision was made without you attending a face to face assessment. It is when an assessor looks at your form and evidence and then the award is made, without the need for a claimant to be seen.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #238854 by Eleanor
Replied by Eleanor on topic WCA and bereavement
Thank you. Yes I don't know why they want to see me this time when the evidence is the same as ever (long standing) plus recent Consultant letters. I will try asking my GP but it took 6 weeks for them to do a letter I asked for before so it didn't get sent with my E50 form in the end. But did send Consultant's letter.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238855 by BIS
Hi Eleanor

I don't know why you have been called for a face to face this time around, but I do know that a lot of other members have reported the same thing happening even when their condition remains unchanged like yours. I think it is simply a decision by the DWP to increase the number of people that are seen face to face.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.