× Members

WCA and bereavement

More
4 years 5 months ago #240349 by Eleanor
Replied by Eleanor on topic WCA and bereavement
Actually I am worried again now. The letter didn't come in the post today. Unless I have it in writing it could be a bit risky to miss the medical on Friday. If it doesn't come tomorrow, what should I do? I suppose I could write to them confirming the time of the phone call today and saying I was told a letter was sent saying I do not need to attend the WCA on x date. To cover myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240350 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic WCA and bereavement
Hi Eleanor

Give HAAS a ring in the morning and explain to them that you are expecting a letter to confirm you did not have to attend an assessment on Friday but you have not yet received it.

Ask HAAS if they can confirm that you do not have to attend, don't forget to write down their name and date and time of the call.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240391 by Eleanor
Thank you Gary. Still no letter today. They did confirm it on the phone on Tuesday. I will make a note of the time of the call - don't know the name. I am not organised to go tomorrow now so will just have to hope. Does seem strange the letter isn't here before the appointment though.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241317 by Eleanor
Well I haven't heard a thing from them since! My benefit is still being paid but had nothing in writing at all. About 3 weeks since I spoke to the guy on the phone.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241324 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA and bereavement
Eleanor

I would contact HAAS again for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #241486 by Eleanor
Thank you Gordon. Letter came yesterday. Decision and I am still in support group. Can't thank you enough for all the support. So I am wondering how that happened. They clearly weren't going to tell me not to go to the medical - it was only when I phoned 2 days before that they said I didn't have to go because they had received my GP letter. However my GP letter had been sent a while back and since then I'd had a letter from DWP saying my medical evidence wasn't enough and I'd still have to have the WCA. So I think what did it was me sending the template letter asking for the medical to be recorded and saying which new dates I couldn't make if they needed to re-schedule the medical for the recording facilities. Maybe they just got sick of me. Anyway it's a relief.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.