× Members

WCA and bereavement

More
4 years 6 months ago #239230 by Eleanor
Replied by Eleanor on topic WCA and bereavement
I saw my GP who said she would do a letter due to the severe anxiety I was having after the bereavement and said she would ask if I could have a paper based assessment due to "life events". As also have a stressful court case going on as well on another matter. I picked up the letter today and it says something else. It just says due to health issues and personal circumstances I can't attend on that date and asks for a paper based assessment. So a bit vague. Anyway I am not sure where to send it. I have not had anything from the DWP at all. My E50 and the letter for the appointment both came from the Health Assessment Advisory Service. Meanwhile the DWP have written to say I am getting a Christmas bonus. Which is a bit confusing when I haven't been assessed yet.

So should I send the letter to the Health Assessment Advisory service (who probably don't do paper based assessments?) or directly to the DWP. Or possibly both. Although don't actually have an address for local DWP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239232 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA and bereavement
Eleanor

All of the ESA assessments, paper, at home or in office, are done by HAAS aka Maximus, the DWP have no in-house medical knowledge, so the letter needs to go to HAAS, I would see if you can email it as it is the fastest way to send it, phone the number on the appointment letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleanor

More
4 years 6 months ago #239235 by Eleanor
Thank you. I am just wondering what/who triggers the HAAS to send out forms/medical letters. Presumably the DWP must pass a list of people onto them? Just wondering if it might be an idea to send the letter to both HAAS and DWP.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239244 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA and bereavement
Eleanor

Yes, the DWP initiate the assessment process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #239254 by Eleanor
Thank you. I'm nervous about phoning them and asking for an email address in case they get funny and it's stressful. Also they'll say - you can use a phone and a computer etc. etc. Could I not just post it to them? Or is it a case of it not being seen in time or something?

More
4 years 6 months ago #239257 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic WCA and bereavement
Hi Eleanor

You can post it - but yes there is always a danger it won't be seen in time. If you ring up and ask if it can be emailed, you are dealing with a call-handler not associated with your case. They will not be thinking, about what you have written on your form. But it is up to you.

HASS - Customer Enquiries line on 0800 288 8777. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, and Saturdays 9am to 5pm. You can also email - Customer Relations team on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

I would not email it - without checking they are happy to receive it first.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.