× Members

WCA and bereavement

More
4 years 6 months ago #239258 by Eleanor
Replied by Eleanor on topic WCA and bereavement
Ok thank you that is reassuring. My past experience with speaking to anyone on the phone was them arguing I had to do xyz and me getting in a state. But that was some years ago. I hate phone calls!

I am a bit confused about the bit about checking they are happy to receive it! So do you mean they could refuse to give me the email address, or just refuse to receive a GP letter relating to appointments?

Trying to think this through with a very muddled head.

Option 1: Post the letter and then phone them saying I can't come to the appointment. The danger with that is they may just issue a new appointment without seeing the letter that I can't do anything till at least December and asking for a paper based assessment.

Option 2: Ring them to say I can't come, ask for email address to send GP letter to. If they refuse to accept GP letter then post it.

Another question. On my appointment letter it says "If you want to discuss your benefit claim or if you would like more information about why you need an assessment, please contact the DWP office that deals with your claim".

I don't have an address or number for my local DWP office that deals with my claim although assume it is the same one as sent the letter about the "Christmas bonus".

So I am wondering if I should send a copy of the letter to them too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239259 by Eleanor
Ok a bit the bullet and phoned them. Said my GP had sent a letter saying why I can't attend the appointment next week but I thought I had better phone and let them know as well. He suggested emailing it as well. But also said they would then make a decision as to whether or not I still had to attend the appointment and I was to call back next Monday or Tuesday! So they could still say I have to go!

More
4 years 6 months ago #239260 by Eleanor
That would be a nightmare if they said I still had to go that day as I can't - the funeral is the day after and I have to travel that day (which is a problem in itself).

More
4 years 6 months ago #239263 by Eleanor
Sorry I'm in a bit of a state! I'm nervous about them tracking my IP address now if I send an email! Mind you they already have my mobile number so I guess they could track that too.

More
4 years 6 months ago #239264 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic WCA and bereavement
Hi Eleanor

You're making yourself ill with worry. The DWP do not spend time tracking people's mobiles or IP addresses. Hopefully they will agree you don't need to attend the appointment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleanor

More
4 years 6 months ago #239273 by Eleanor
Thank you. :blush:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.