× Members

WCA and bereavement

More
4 years 5 months ago #239905 by Eleanor
Replied by Eleanor on topic WCA and bereavement
Thank you Gordon. It is less than 2 weeks to my appointment as appointment letter arrived with just 2 weeks notice. Should I email the letter rather than post it? Also I don't think they would let me postpone the date if they can't provide it would they? Because I've had one postponement already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239919 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA and bereavement
Eleanor

If they will accept an email then I would send it that way but in either case, chase them up to make sure that they have received the request and are actioning it.

HAAS may cancel the current appointment, it often happens when a request to record is made but this would be HAAS doing it, not you, so it will not count against you,

You should be extremely cautious about cancelling because the assessment is not being recorded, you have no right to require your assessment is recorded, it is an accommodation by the DWP and you could be classed as failing to attend given you have cancelled one appointment already.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #240242 by Eleanor
I haven't heard anything back from them about a new date or the recording and my appointment is on Friday. I did have a letter saying they are unable to do a home assessment with the medical evidence received (which I hadn't requested anyway - I had requested a paper based assessment) and that assessment at a centre is still required. But said they would arrange transportation via a taxi. I misread the letter when it came and stuffed it out of sight and have now booked a taxi (I want to make sure it is not someone local who knows me and would gossip! It is a small place where I live). So not sure whether to just get my own taxi or ring them to organise one (but not sure which company they would use). They would have trouble organising one as I did due to school runs.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240251 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA and bereavement
Eleanor

You cannot assume these things, you need to contact them about the recording and the taxi.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleanor

More
4 years 5 months ago #240268 by Eleanor
Yes you are right. And this part of the problem of grieving - I don't want to talk to anyone and can't think straight or organise myself.

More
4 years 5 months ago #240285 by Eleanor
I think it is good news. I did phone today to check if my appointment was still going ahead on Friday as I hadn't heard anything. They said I didn't have to go to an appointment at all as they had received my Doctor's letter and a letter had gone out early this week. They had my Doctor's letter ages ago and had said the evidence wasn't enough so not sure why that has changed, unless it was the heavy letter asking for it to be recorded!

Anyway I hope this letter comes by tomorrow as I wouldn't want to fall foul of a mistake and not go on Friday if I should have done.
I know it is not the end of the road as I could now be put in WRAG instead of Support Group and still have to appeal. But it is a relief not to have to go through that this week.

And thank you Gordon - I forgot to say that in my last message.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.