× Members

MR Decision

More
3 years 8 months ago #249244 by furrypusscat
MR Decision was created by furrypusscat
Just to update.
I gained the 1 extra point needed to qualify for Enhanced Care which is great news, mobility standard but was happy with that anyway. Both awards are for an ongoing period and will not be looked at again until after June 2030.
However, a clerical error on DWP's adding up states I still qualify for Standard Care even though I now have 12 points and which they have stated I have 12 so another phone call of approx 50 minutes will be made on Monday to point out the clerical error and hopefully should get it sorted out. Once again, thank you to all who have given advice and supplied the guides as they have been a great help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249247 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MR Decision
Hi furry

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #249252 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Thank you Gary. Checked the score two or three times to make sure I hadn't added up wrong, but no definitely comes to 12 so obviously an admin error. I just need to point it out then I assume all will be sorted. I can see where the problem is, they have started the page with 'Managing your treatments and omitted the Preparing Food which I scored 2 for. This is on the reverse of 'My Decision page.
However on the page 'Statement of entitlement' they have got it correct stating 'Your total score for the daily living part of PIP is 12 points. You have been awarded the standard rate from 17 June 2020 for an ongoing period'. This should of course be enhanced rate. I'll sort it on Monday, why do these things happen at weekend?

More
3 years 8 months ago #249261 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MR Decision
Hi furry

Contact the DWP first thing in the morning, I usually phone around 10:00 am, there was a post this week that stated they phoned at 9:00 am, the earlier you phone the better chances you have of not waiting to long on the phone. Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: furrypusscat

More
3 years 8 months ago #249272 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Rang DWP at 09.15 today. Waited approx 30 minutes before being answered. Initially spoke to lady who checked the details and agreed there was a clerical error. She passed me to a line manager who also agreed and stated he would send me a new letter and statement of entitlement and apologised.
I have just one question as I could not get the gentleman to see my point, that is that the original award letter awarding me standard rate for both states that I will receive £261.80 from money owed from 17 June to 8 July and the MR letter which will be enhanced care and standard mobility reads the same and I assumed that this figure would need amending also but he said that the amount will have been enhanced rate. Sorry I cannot see it unless it is DLA related. Any advice please. I can wait until I receive the amended letter to see if the amounts still read the same.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249280 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

I can't get the £261.80, it has to be for a period that is longer than the one you mention but there would only be a back payment on the letter if it was for the difference between the original Std+Std and the new Enh+Std.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.