× Members

MR Decision

More
3 years 9 months ago #249288 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Thank you Gordon. I cannot see what it relates to either. I did transfer from DLA MR Care & HR Mobility and noticed a payment for DLA of £243.90 went into bank on 16th June. This figure nor date was mentioned anywhere in the original award letter of 16 May. Thinking it may be an over payment, I phoned DWP and they stated that the figure was correct and not an overpayment and that I would receive a further £261.80 on 9th July for the period 17 June to 8 July.
The incorrect MR letter dated 29 June again states that I will receive £261.80 on 9th July.
It will be interesting to see what the new updated letter states and also what goes into my account on 9th July.
I will update as and when something to report.
The important thing is my MR was successful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249511 by furrypusscat
Good afternoon,
Further update:

This morning received amended letter due to DWP’s errors. I am now happy that it states my entitlement is Enhanced Care and Standard Mobility. The correct amount has now gone into my bank account with the correct back pay.
However, it is now worded ‘You can get this from 17th June, 2020 to 15 April, 2030.

My question is are they allowed to change the wording from both the original award and the MR Decision from “17th June 2020 for an ongoing period”. and overleaf states, “We can contact you again to see if your needs have changed. This will be after 15 April, 2030” to what is now appearing to be a fixed term stating they will contact me 14 weeks prior to 15th April.

Surely they cannot alter the wording on an official MR decision. Dependent on your advice I am considering writing yet again to point out what I see as another error.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249520 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

If a new Decision was made rather than just a correction of the letter, then yes they can. If no new Decision was made, then no they can't.

I'm afraid it is back to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249522 by furrypusscat
Thank you Gordon for confirming my thoughts. The updated letter was purely for amending clerical errors which DWP made in the MR letter as you will have seen earlier in this post.
Just when you think they have got it right. I will write to them again.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249523 by furrypusscat
Hi Gordon. I had wondered whether to phone but tend to think phone conversations can be forgotten about so should I address the latest letter specifically to the Decision Maker or is there anyone else.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249524 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

Any phone call that you make should be logged, you could call and then follow up with a letter if you think it necessary, any letter should be addressed to the Decision Maker as they will produced the letter that you have received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.