× Members

MR Decision

More
3 years 9 months ago #249526 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Thank you Gordon. Will ring tomorrow and see what is said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249553 by furrypusscat
Hello again. I spoke with a Line Manager over the latest cock-up after I pointed out the the new letter which was only generated because I had pointed out their clerical mistakes had now been altered to an ongoing award to a fixed award. He said any new letter would still show the fixed award. I pointed out that by altering the detail within the MR decision document, DWP have either made a further error or someone has been acting sneakily and underhandedly hoping that the wording would not be noticed. I suggested that this was unlawful as I had only asked that the clerical errors be corrected. I am infuriated and told him I would involve my MP and a solicitor if necessary. I asked to speak to someone in a higher position but he said there was no-one else I could speak to. I left it that he would see what he could do. Any advice as to what I should do next. Do I wait and see what happens next re receiving a further letter or send a complaint in writing. Please advise.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249564 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

I think you need to give the DWP a reasonable period to respond to your latest call, after that I would involve your MP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249566 by furrypusscat
Thank you Gordon. I will go with your advice and wait and see what happens next. It seems to take about 10 - 12 days to receive written communication from them so will update further when I have something to report. Thanks once again for your invaluable advice.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249812 by furrypusscat
Hello Gordon and Mods,
It is now 2 weeks today since I phoned DWP re change from Ongoing to Fixed when MR clearly states Ongoing. The fixed date means they can contact me 14 weeks prior to April 2030 when awards will finish, the ongoing reads will be contacted not before April 2030. Dependent on any backlog that could be weeks/months after. I was only sent a new copy of the MR due to their clerical errors which I pointed out on earlier phone call and was not a 'New Decision'.
How long should I wait before next step and what should the next step from me be? Should I phone again or write a complaint. Your help is much appreciated.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249828 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

From your posts, it is actually only eleven days and still within the time that a letter from the DWP might take to arrive but if there is a letter then it should be logged on to the DWP systems so I would give them a call for an update.

If there is no letter or the Decision remains unchanged then I would make a formal complaint to the DWP and involve your MP but you can't do either of these until you know for certain what is happening

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.