× Members

MR Decision

More
3 years 9 months ago #249843 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Thank you Gordon, I do tend to forget about weekends so yes, I agree possibly a bit early to expect any reply. I will leave it a few more days then ring again if not heard from them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249914 by furrypusscat
Hi Gordon and Mods,
Phoned today re ongoing issue. Spoke to very understanding lady and when I asked if there had been a letter sent to me since my last phone call she said not. Explained the problem and she could see straight away the issue I had and immediately confirmed that it should state ongoing award and that it should not have been altered. She asked for the decision maker's name and whilst I was talking to her she sent a request to the DM asking for another letter to be sent out confirming ongoing award. Hopefully now, fingers crossed things should be sorted.
As I said, very understanding. Will update when I receive next communication and hopefully that will be the end of the saga, at least for next 10 years anyway.
Once again, thank you for your advice. Just renewed membership in case I need any future help and to keep up to date with news on benefits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
3 years 8 months ago #250507 by furrypusscat
Hi Gordon and Mods,
This is getting tedious. Just to update and remind you of my issues with DWP. The first MR amendment was purely to correct clerical inaccuracies, ie the decision maker gave a total of 12 points for care but stated my entitlement was still standard rate. The back pay owed was also wrong as had been worked out on standard amounts. On my initial phone call it was agreed that there were errors and a letter would be sent out with the required corrections.
On receipt of the amended MR letter there was now an additional error, that being the changing of the content of the letter from an ongoing award to a fixed award albeit 10 years.
A further phone call with the young lady mentioned in my last post immediately saw the problem and asked who had signed the amendment and when told she was actually emailing him to ask for a further amendment to be sent out stating that this was an ongoing award. She did this whilst I was still on the phone. This was 30th July and I am still awaiting communication from him. To be honest, I do not think it is going to happen and I fail to see what difference another phone call will make, hence my letter of complaint.
I have now prepared a formal complaint letter to send on Monday and another letter to involve my MP. Who do I now address the complaint to? I appreciate it will need to be sent to the address who is dealing with my PIP but do I send to Customer Services or is there a Complaints Department. Could you please advise.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

Have a look at the following

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #250509 by furrypusscat
Thank you Gordon for the advice and link.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253014 by furrypusscat
Hi Moderators, No response yet regarding my complaint to DWP re my issue of the changed wording on my 'amended' MR decision.
My original letter of complaint to DWP was dated 24th August. The same letter went to my MP with an accompanying letter to him.
On 24th September my MP responded having been in touch with DWP. Their reason for not dealing with it was blamed on Corvid.
On 14th October I rang DWP for any update and was told that a 'Task' was started on 9th September and was still being looked at.
Are DWP taking the mickey, it seems to be taking an awful long time to deal with a complaint.
What is my best option, do I ring DWP again and speak to someone in complaints, email my MP again or just wait for a response. How long should it take? Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.