× Members

MR Decision

More
3 years 5 months ago #253026 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Decision
furry

I would ring the DWP again so you have an up to date understanding of what is going on and if there has been no progress then involve your MP again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253028 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Thank you Gordon. I will try phoning on Monday and update once I get a response.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253226 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic MR Decision
Elated.
I phoned DWP Monday as Gordon advised. Spoke to a very helpful Line Manager who stated that my complaint had gone to Wales but couldn’t understand why the long delay in dealing with it.
He assured me he would look into my file and see if he could personally rectify the issue I raised and also would contact the Wales office to see where the complaint was up to. He also told me he would ring me back later that day once he had looked at my file.
He did ring me and was able to go through the whole process including dates from the start of the claim to the complaint. He assured me that he would send an updated, corrected MR decision which I should receive by the end of this week which I received today along with a letter apologizing for the catalogue of errors which should have been dealt with prior to any complaint and the involvement of my MP.
He stated that the complaint would still be dealt with as a separate issue but he was happy that he was able to assist in putting the matter right.
There are some very helpful members of staff, you just need to be lucky enough to find one.
Final written decision is ‘ongoing and will not be contacted until after April 2030’.

Thank you Gordon and all moderators for the helpful advice and the written Guides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 5 months ago #253228 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MR Decision
Hi Furry

That is wonderful news. Many congratulations after the terrible time you have had. I would hope you would also be offered some compensation (likely to be minimal amount) - when your complaint goes through. But great to hear that you have had a positive outcome at last.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: furrypusscat

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.