× Members

Recent PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 8 months ago #261505 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi makinprogress

I would contact DWP for confirmation that they have received your letter, let them know it was sent by RD and you have been informed that it has been delivered, you are just checking it has been married up with your claim.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261524 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
It seems myself and makingprogress are very much in the same boat.

I'm hoping the letter I sent before the decision makers actual decision, pointing out evidence that had completely ignored, errors and how driving a car does not unsurprisingly help me with the preparation and cooking of a meal.

I'm aware for many others, that the first sign the DWP has actually made a decision on their case, is a change in their monthly payment., with a decision letter following weeks after.
It will be interesting to see what payment I receive this month.

Having had to attend a tribunal once before, although exhausting, I will do so again, to gain the award that I'm entitled to.

Good luck makingprogress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress, denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #261899 by makinprogress
Replied by makinprogress on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Any update Matey ?
I’ve just updated on my post.
After writing to the DM, I’ve now been awarded Standard Living, but was on Enhanced & Standard mobility?
(Better than the original 2 points the HCP awarded but not quite there?).
I think I need to do a MR but don’t know what extra info I have to give???
Please update on your journey! I hope it’s positive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 7 months ago #262112 by Matey
I'm pleased to hear makinprogress was at least awarded more points by the decision maker than the worst than useless assessor awarded, sadly still having to decide whether to pursue a MR to be reawarded what they had previously.

Three weeks on from the "we have everything to make a decision" letter, I am still awaiting to hear anything.
I am trying to convince myself they are carefully wading through my evidence, perhaps even contacting my GP or Consultants in person.

The waiting for all these months, is excruciating.

More
2 years 7 months ago #262117 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
I don't wish to be too too down, but on our daughter's last paper based report, the assessor had tried for about 1 minute each to call a couple of the consultants. Inevitably the result was recorded as 'no reply'. The GP refused to do the questionnaire they were sent as it was 'too detailed'. make of those what you will.
best wishes,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 7 months ago #262484 by Matey
Several weeks on from the "we have all the information we need to make a decision" letter, I still have not received my PIP decision.

Last week I telephoned the DWP for an update.

No decision has been made yet, but it seems my swift letter to them after receiving my copy of the assessors report, has at least raised questions for them, that they have gone back to the assessors for more information.

This concerns me, as my assessment report was blatantly wrong, totally and completely ignored my written evidence from my Consultant and GP and used the fact that I can drive to justify why I can prepare and cook a meal.

How can I be sure that the DWP will be told the truth when they ask the assessors their further questions?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.