× Members

Recent PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 8 months ago #262511 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi Matey

You can't be sure that the DWP will be told the 'truth' you can only hope. It is good that they are going back to the assessors to ask more questions. Hopefully, you will have a decision soon.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #262974 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
I have received the decision not to award me any PIP.

In the mandatory reconsideration I am composing I have point out my ESA support group, because of a severe condition and that I am awarded a Blue Badge by my local council, because of my disabilities.

The physiotherapist assessor has used parts of my evidence but totally ignored others. As a physiotherapist I question her ability to assess my severe mental health condition, or to override the evidence of a Consultant Psychiatrist.

My Consultant Psychiatrist plainly states about my lack of ability to plan and follow the route of a familiar/unfamiliar journey - yet this has been ignored by both the assessor and the DWP.

How can I get them to see this is wrong?
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 8 months ago #262976 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hello Matey,

I am sorry to hear about what has happened to you. Well done for getting straight on with a MR submission! Do check out our guides which have a section on Appeals and MRs.

PIP resources

As to how do you get them to see they are wrong I can only say take it step by step. When I do it, I take the assessor’s report (PA4), copy it, and go through the copy with a highlighter pen marking everything which I do not think is right. I then write a letter pointing out each of those things and saying what the reality is. So for example you could write something such as – the assessor correctly recorded that I am not malnourished, but incorrectly assumed that this indicates that I have no difficulties in feeding myself. The reality is that I have a friend who comes into my house each evening to ensure that I have prepared a meal and sits with me whilst I eat it. On the occasional day when she is not able to come I will either eat nothing or binge on a packet of biscuits.

Where there is also a cross reference to evidence which you have submitted make sure that you draw attention to this. E.g. this is confirmed by my consultant psychiatrist who in paragraph 3 of her letter says ‘xxxxxx’.

It is a long and tedious process, but you have come this far, don’t be beaten! Surprisingly, this simple and obvious approach frequently works.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: makinprogress

More
2 years 7 months ago #263696 by Matey
In light of the newsletter announcing IAS now to conduct both PIP and ESA assessments, I wanted to ask for your thoughts regarding an ESA letter I received within days of my PIP review, refusal decision letter.

I have been in the support group of ESA having been transferred from an older benefit, contribution based with no income related premiums due to other household income.

Due to a change my ESA was to remain the same and on telephoning the DWP it appears I have been given another two years until reassessment - at the very same time that my same disabilities are not regarded by IAS as debilitating enough to award PIP.

Why would my PIP refusal have any "change" affect on my totally different benefit ESA?

More
2 years 7 months ago #263767 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Recent PIP telephone assessment
Hi Matey

We have heard on the forum of this happening to other members.

A few of the questions do cross over but not many. I believe Gordon produced a spread sheet with these on which can be found in the members area.

Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #265925 by Matey
I accidentally put my last post on making progress's thread, (sorry), so returning to my thread I will repeat some of my last post.

After a phone call regarding my M R I was told, that I will be getting PIP, at the very least what I had before (standard daily living) that on descriptor that my worst disability suits, I will be awarded maximum points and probably more elsewhere.

I will have a ten year award, to save putting me through the process and that they wouldn't ask me anymore questions as they understood how distressing it was for me.

A few days later, I find yes they gave maximum points, on the descriptor discussed. I only get back standard daily living, I was not awarded any extra points and that my award is for five and a half years.

I have today submitted a request online, for a copy of the telephone call I received, as I have not received, what I was told.

If I phone up the DWP who do I ask to speak to about my M R decision notice being different from what I was told in the telephone call?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.